Louis Cristal 7 day turkey/Greece cruise

zam123

Just booked this because it works in with my air travel dates and desired destinations. I read lots of reviews and understand this is not upscale, but probably ok. However, I would like feedback on the food. Travelling with family, we are all from NY metro area and love good quality food, not quantity. We love Greek food. Is the food onboard Greek in style? Mediocre or good quality?

Also, they list all meals included even when you are docked. Do passengers actually go back to the boat when you are on land for 6-8 hours or do they provide places on the islands where you can go? Never cruised before so we are not familiar with the protocol.

You can go back to the ship for meals, but if you eat ashore, you pay as if eating ut at home. Sometimes an all day tour will provide a meal. I can't speak for Cristal, but I was on Calypso a few years ago, and found the food to have a Greek tendency, and very good, as was the service. EM

I was on the Louis Aquamarine last year and had no problems with the food. In the dining room for dinner, there were usually 4 choices of entrees. One night was Greek themed. I never had a problem finding something that I wanted to eat and it was all good. If you are expecting NY style gourmet cuisine, you may be a bit disappointed, but I was never hungry after dinner. I did not do Turkey but our itinerary included 6 islands in Greece. Some days we were at one island for the morning, then came back to the ship for lunch, and the ship cruised to a different island for the evening. We had all day ashore in Rhodes and we went back to the ship for lunch and a brief rest before heading back out. If you search this forum for Louis Cruises, you will find quite a few trip reports. Enjoy your cruise. This itinerary is so much about the ports and not as much about the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

hello zam 123,

I just returned from the cruise ( you can see my review on this forum), The food was ok - nothing special. But as I said in my post, I am not a real foodie - I chose this cruise for the ports. Keep a close eye on the bullentin to see where you can eat. If you miss your seating (we had early seating), just see the maitre de and he will get you into the later seating.

Archived