Majesty of the Seas

This will be my first time on this ship, anybody have any opinions about it? I will be sailing 8/26 heading to the Bahamas. I was on the Navigator of the Seas last year and it was nice. I am dying to get on the newer ships like the Oasis of the Seas, I heard it is gorgeous. Thanks.

The Majesty is pretty much one of Royal Carribean's "basic" ships. It is much smaller than the Voyager class ships such as the Navigator. It has a few amenities that they have added such as Johnny Rockets, and the rock wall, but no promenade. It is nice, and the short cruises are a great get away. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again, but the inside cabins are soo small!! If you can at least get an oceanview or better yet a suite, you will enjoy it much more. The compass deli is a nice place to get a snack and the crepes are good there. Just don't expect the extras that the large ships have and you won't be disappointed.

I just got off Majesty a month ago and am going back in 2 months. Here is a trip report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1436734

(geez I just posted that in another thread too - I feel like I am pimping my review!)

I was very leery before boarding Majesty, but enjoyed myself very very much. My last cruise was on my favorite line Princess and I was worried that Majesty would not match up favorably - not the case at all. While she does show her age in spots, she is fantastic for a quick weekend getaway.

Yes, she doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of a bigger ship, but it does not matter because you are in port every day and she has plenty to offer over the course of three or four days.

I was actually impressed with how they packed most of the same activities from a 7-day cruise into 3 days.

Despite being smaller, she felt much less crowded than any other ship I have been on (and I haven't been on anything as big as Voyager class, let alone Freedom or Oasis).

Finally, Majesty is not as much of a party ship as other lines' weekend Bahamas runs. Sure there is a party group, but they all tend to be in one general area each day, so you have the rest of the ship to yourself.

Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

we sailed the majesty last year and absolutely LOVED it! We were treated so well and were just overall so pleased...couldnt really say much bad about it(we even liked the tiny room). As far as a beach and a drink you willl have NO PROBLEMS...drink a coco loco for me:p

This will be my first time on this ship, anybody have any opinions about it? I will be sailing 8/26 heading to the Bahamas. I was on the Navigator of the Seas last year and it was nice. I am dying to get on the newer ships like the Oasis of the Seas, I heard it is gorgeous. Thanks.

Well Majesty definitly isn't like the Oasis or the Navigator for that matter but it is a very nice ship. It is in very good shape for it's age and is maintained very well. It is great for a quick weekend getaway. Being one of the smallest ships in the RC fleet the Majesty's cabins are smaller than what you had on the Navigator but still nice. The Majesty has all the basics, MDR, Windjammer, Sorrentos Pizza, Compass Deli (great sandwiches), Johnny Rockets, Schooner Bar, Bolero's, climbing wall, basketball court, pools, hot tubs, and plenty of places to get away from the crowds if you want. Have fun! :D

Thank you so much your trip report was a big help.

I just got off Majesty a month ago and am going back in 2 months. Here is a trip report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1436734

(geez I just posted that in another thread too - I feel like I am pimping my review!)

I was very leery before boarding Majesty, but enjoyed myself very very much. My last cruise was on my favorite line Princess and I was worried that Majesty would not match up favorably - not the case at all. While she does show her age in spots, she is fantastic for a quick weekend getaway.

Yes, she doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of a bigger ship, but it does not matter because you are in port every day and she has plenty to offer over the course of three or four days.

I was actually impressed with how they packed most of the same activities from a 7-day cruise into 3 days.

Despite being smaller, she felt much less crowded than any other ship I have been on (and I haven't been on anything as big as Voyager class, let alone Freedom or Oasis).

Finally, Majesty is not as much of a party ship as other lines' weekend Bahamas runs. Sure there is a party group, but they all tend to be in one general area each day, so you have the rest of the ship to yourself.

Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Archived