St Johns from St Thomas

We will be visiting St Thomas again next week and were thinking about going to St Johns on our own. Has anyone done that, and if so how? Was the ferry reliable and close by the dock?

From the ship you will have to take a cab to Red Hook where you get the ferry. The ferry only leaves on the hour so plan accordingly. Once you arrive at St John you will have to take a cab to the beach if that's what you want to do. Otherwise there is a shopping center right there where the ferry lands. Just do the reverse to get back.

Been there, done that, and love St. John! Marvelous idea, and if I may suggest visiting the Ports of Call (click on 'Caribbean', then St. Thomas/St. John) which will provide much information and ideas. Btw, I'm sure you mean St. John, as St. Johns is the largest city on the island of Antigua...:)

Been there, done that, and love St. John! Marvelous idea, and if I may suggest visiting the Ports of Call (click on 'Caribbean', then St. Thomas/St. John) which will provide much information and ideas. Btw, I'm sure you mean St. John, as St. Johns is the largest city on the island of Antigua...:)

That's exactly where this is :rolleyes:

That's exactly where this is :rolleyes:

This thread was moved from the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line message board where it was originally posted, and where I did my posts. Thanks though! :)

This thread was moved from the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line message board where it was originally posted, and where I did my posts. Thanks though! :)

Thanks for the info :)

I always read the posts on "how to get from St Thomas to St John" and no matter how confident the poster sounds with his/her directions, by the time I get to the "remember the return ferry only runs hourly"... I go into panic mode and scratch the idea. It seems like it's a "take the train to the plane to the boat to the donkey" sorta thing.. "make a right at the fork in the road and hang a left at the old tree stump and go straight until you see the green chicken". I'd be panicked all day anticipating a disaster. :eek:

I'll just live vicariously through all of your adventurers ;)

Vicki

Archived