Airport Bus in Montreal

I posted this on a Roll Call but got no takers, so am asking here--which I probably should have done, in the first place.

I am interested in knowing more about the Airport bus. I know the price and I was able to download the route, which has a stop just across the street from our hotel. Has anyone on this forum ridden it? Is it a problem to get luggage aboard? I would appreciate any comments anyone has.:confused: Ciao!!hmh

I posted this on a Roll Call but got no takers, so am asking here--which I probably should have done, in the first place.

I am interested in knowing more about the Airport bus. I know the price and I was able to download the route, which has a stop just across the street from our hotel. Has anyone on this forum ridden it? Is it a problem to get luggage aboard? I would appreciate any comments anyone has.:confused: Ciao!!hmh

bus747.png

Never been on the bus, but it's specially equipped with luggage racks. You do have to lift luggage up, but once it is on, there is storage.

If you don't want to do the lugging of luggage, the taxi is $38 fixed.

I've done both the taxi and the bus. The bus takes longer but is very easy to do.

Look hard at the route map to figure out where your stop falls on the route. I was able to walk a short distance to save a lot of time as one stop was at the end of the route and the other stop was about half way on the route.

The bus is clean, comfortable and safe.

Thanks for the replies. I guess we will wait until we arrive and make a decision based on how heavy our suitcases are!!

The hotel we selected is right across the street from the #9 stop, so we wouldn't have far to walk from the stop. One reason we were interested in the bus is that it comes with a 24 hr. Metro pass--or similar.

Ephraim--I notice you are a regular contributor to the Canada forums, so you might have a comment about the Viator City Tour. Anyother comments from you or others would be appreciated. :) Ciao. hmh

Thanks for the replies. I guess we will wait until we arrive and make a decision based on how heavy our suitcases are!!

The hotel we selected is right across the street from the #9 stop, so we wouldn't have far to walk from the stop. One reason we were interested in the bus is that it comes with a 24 hr. Metro pass--or similar.

Ephraim--I notice you are a regular contributor to the Canada forums, so you might have a comment about the Viator City Tour. Anyother comments from you or others would be appreciated. :) Ciao. hmh

There is only one bus tour company in Montreal, Gray Line. (Why it's not Grey line, I don't know.) This is the official website... http://www.coachcanada.com/montrealsightseeing/index.asp?_lp.lang=en&_lp.persist=false

I never suggest it to anyone unless the are immobile. You can take the 515 bus that cover a large part of the area, albeit without the man telling you what he thinks things are. And you can take the metro to the botanical garden, biosphere , insectarium and the Olympic stadium. The 11 goes up the mountain if you don't want to walk it.

Archived