I need a US travel agent - help?

Nick,

Unfortunately anyone that responds to your plea will fall foul of the rules of these boards. The guidelines changed a few months ago and since then we are not allowed to pass on information of which TA we use. Basically we can't recommend anyone.

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

I realise that is not the news you want to hear. If it's any consolation, there are changes afoot within Princess which means UK passengers may be stopped from using a US TA altogether. I am waiting for news on this from my own American Agent. Personally, I will be devastated if I am prohibited from making bookings this way in future.

Laura

Laura,

That is very bad news. Do you think it will apply to other lines in the Carnival group? We are booked on the Sapphire Princess next month (19 days)through an American on-line agency. The price was more than $1,000 each less than if we'd bought the cruise in Australia. We have had two HAL cruises and two Carnival with this company and have found them excellent. We will look for other travel alternatives if we have to book cruises in Australia.

Keep us posted.

Sandy,

All I know is that my current booking for July is fine i.e. it's protected. So far as future bookings are concerned, the TA involved has had to put any current enquiries from UK customers on hold (and there are a number of them apparently) until there is an official response by Princess.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you know.

Laura

Archived