Room warning - 2426

maddmaxx

Recently took a three day on the Wonder in a Cat 10 cabin on Deck two. My only requirement for this particular cruise and berth was a bit of peace and quiet. I even kicked in another 100 bucks to remove myself from having to deal with Wavelinks being just above my cabin. Bad move. This was, hands down the noiseiest cabin I have ever had on any cruise line. Can't say that it spoiled the cruise but there was no meaningful sleep during the entire three day event. My best guess was we were directly above the trash compactor and an area where they do a lot of fork lifting and storing heavy metal objects that they drag along the metal flooring at 2, 3, 4 etc in the AM.

Disney should advise their guests of this issue especially when their booking folks know noise is an issue to a guest.

Guest juliae

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with such awful noise! :(

It is always a good idea to get a deck plan of a cruise ship and look to see what is directly above your intended stateroom. Unfortunately, the res agents are only there to make reservations and take payments, so it isn't part of their job to advise...just to make your reservations for you.

Best Regards,

Julia

I'm sorry to hear about your noisy room. I had read about noisy rooms before, and dave's website lists some on the 2nd floor.

http://dcltribute.com/faq/deck2noise.htm

Your room isn't listed, so I would have thought you'd be ok, but your room isn't too far from some that are listed as noisy. It really pays to research where you want to be and book in that category and even possibly requesting a specific room # where possible to avoid this problem.

Archived