Steer Away from NOS 9390!!!!

Just got off the Navigator and had a wonderful cruise. The Only disappointment was the balcony for our cabin 9390. I had seen photos of the 9690 side and they seemed fine. I could look over some across the bow and it appeared that 9690 was larger. I think 9390 for some reason is much smaller. The angle is very sharp. It had 2 lounges and a chair and table and there was just enough room to squeeze around for one person to walk to the rail, and then you had to reposition a lounger to get there. Huge disappointment. Our BIL had the cabiin next door 9392 and their balcony was literally twice the size. For the first time ever I did not even sit out on the balcony.

Just a head's up because if I had known this info ahead, definitely would not have booked.

Did you get any photos?

If you did check out cruiselinerooms dot com and add yours to the list. I found this site awhile ago and it is a great resource to see the rooms before booking them.

Because of the angles and unable to move stuff around I really did not get any photos that accurately show the deficiency of the balcony. We LOVED our cruise, I just wish I had known about this balcony beforehand. I thought I had checked enough since I found photos of 9690. Problem is that the balconies are not mirror images for those cabins. I had also understood the balcony would at least be as large as the one beside it, when in reality it was less than half. I had checked out that site that has everything about the voyager class before I reserved and even after.

• 3 months later...
I have just booked the cabin above 1388. I am going to try and get more info. Thanks for the heads up!

If you type in and search 1388 or 1688 you will get some photos of those balconies. They are better than 9390 or 9690, but still not as large as the ones beside them.

For our next cruise we managed to snag 7388 on the Mariner on the corner. Supposedly the largest of all the balconies unless you're in an upper level suite. For us the balcony is a priority.

Archived