Inspiration Junior Suite Obstructed View Thoughts?

RMM34667

I'm looking at the Inspiration. Pricing out each category for 3 passengers. Most of the Insides I pick give me an ALERT that says it includes a trundle bed. (I do not want to sleep on a trundle bed!! and don't think I want either of my elderly parents to as well.) It looks like the Junior Suite Obstructed View cabins are a good deal. So I'm looking at V42 or V27 as possibilities. Are the obstructions RIGHT IN FRONT of the cabin? or the type that they block your view when looking down?

The unobstructed would only be about $100 bucks more for the three of us, but I'm also looking at how far from the elevators. The available ones seem as far as you can possibly get!

Any input on V42 or V27?

Thanks

There are small life boats right in front of your balcony. I've had V27 on the Imagination & we could see out between the boats. The balcony is pretty darn small, but we used it. It was an excellent location. One flight down and you're at the pool! I wouldn't hesitate to book it again for the fresh air & the location. I've had one of the unobstructed ones too. The view is nicer, but the balcony is too small for 3 people to use much. The hallways up there aren't all that long from one end to the other though - unless one has mobility problems. The cabins at the front end have easy access to the open deck at the very front. It can be windy up there, but the views are excellent and not too many others find their way to that space.

Oh! another thing to mention. None of these balconies is completly private and if you are in one of the first three or four from the front, people on that open deck and the stairway up to it from the Lido deck are close enough to have a conversation with. The other end where V27 is located is more private, but you could talk to the people on the deck below you. They never seemed to look up though. Guess they didn't know we were up there looking down at them.

Thank you for the information! I have to show my mom the deck plan and she if she is ok being so far forward. If she is ok with it I don't mind the small balcony or the obstructed view. And I'd be ok with paying $90 (total for 3 passengers) more for the unobstructed view.

Thanks.

Any input on V42 or V27?

I stayed in V42. Here are some pictures for reference. When they say "obstructed view" they mean it. I will say, however, the location was fantastic. For such a small price to upgrade, I would do it.

2525764090080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2353205350080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2852527720080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2166406640080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2948355790080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2302507790080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

I am cruising on the Inspiration in 2 weeks. I have 3 people (2A 1C) in an inside room on Emerald E243. It has 2 upper and 2 lower beds. They have many inside and oceanview cabins that sleep 4. I don't know if you wanted a higher or not but I just wanted to through the other options out there.

The suites will give you more room to move around and the balcony is nice when trying to get ready for dinner. A suite would be my choice with 3 adults. I wouldn't care either way if the balcony was obstructed or not. If I could afford to upgrade I would.

Happy Sailing!!!

I am cruising on the Inspiration in 2 weeks. I have 3 people (2A 1C) in an inside room on Emerald E243. It has 2 upper and 2 lower beds. They have many inside and oceanview cabins that sleep 4. I don't know if you wanted a higher or not but I just wanted to through the other options out there.

The suites will give you more room to move around and the balcony is nice when trying to get ready for dinner. A suite would be my choice with 3 adults. I wouldn't care either way if the balcony was obstructed or not. If I could afford to upgrade I would.

Happy Sailing!!!

Thanks - I did see the other staterooms. I really think we need the balcony (obstructed or not) my father has moderate alzhiemers and we probably spend more time in the cabin than we would like. We thought last Nov's cruise would be our last together.. but now I think we can do one more. Here are my traveling companions

cozmomdad.JPG

What a beautiful pair! They are so cute together. I think everyone would love the balcony and not having an upper bed would be a plus. I hope you and your family have a great cruise together. May you have many more to come!

I stayed in V42. Here are some pictures for reference. When they say "obstructed view" they mean it. I will say, however, the location was fantastic. For such a small price to upgrade, I would do it.

2525764090080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2353205350080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2852527720080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2166406640080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2948355790080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

2302507790080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

Hey Shelly, long time no see....

Did one ahead of these on the Sensation and glad I didn't do one of those cabins....

I would never ever book a cabin on that deck obstucted or not...My knees were touching the railings for the balcony that was about 2 and 1/2 feet deep and the deck below walkway was looking up my bathrore in the morning...They'll get over it...LOL....

Hey Shelly, long time no see....

Did one ahead of these on the Sensation and glad I didn't do one of those cabins....

I would never ever book a cabin on that deck obstucted or not...My knees were touching the railings for the balcony that was about 2 and 1/2 feet deep and the deck below walkway was looking up my bathrore in the morning...They'll get over it...LOL....

Jeff - Always a pleasure to see you, too! Can you tell I am getting ready to cruise?

I agree with the balcony size. The only way to arrange the chairs was facing each other, as the "balcony" is only about 3 feet wide. Those people saying it is nice to have a balcony for the extra space have never seen these balconies!

When I booked this room, I was moving from an OV, and I paid a pretty high fee to upgrade. I moved on a "Carnival assigned cabin" deal when this deck was almost empty. Of course, they stuck us in the worst of all the available cabins. Johna tried to get us moved, but they weren't budging. It wasn't worth the money for me, but it sounds like the OP is getting a pretty good deal and I think for that price, it would be worth it.

OP, your parents are darling. I wish my dad was able to get out of the house one more time so my mom could come with us in August. Sadly, it just won't happen. The location of this cabin is quite easy to remember and locate, so it may be a good choice for your parents.

Enjoy your cruise - in whatever cabin you pick. :D

Archived