Thing Cruises Should Drop

hitmann327

Yes, Yes, Yes.. I have almost quit going to the Spa onboard because they are always trying to upsell me something.

I HAVE quit going because of that. I've also gotten loyal to two spas in my area that don't do this. A few places I've had massages on land have included a sales pitch for the products they are using and it ruins my relaxation, so voila-I stopped going.

Cut back on all those announcements. We can read and know that it is almost Bingo time. Don't need to be told 3 times.

It seemed worse on the 2 NCL cruises than on the others I've done. Trying NCL again and hoping to find a quieter spot to hang out.

On MSC they don't do that. On Costa there was the adult aft pool with no announcements and on RCCL in Australia they kept it to a minimum.

I just ignore the things that don't interest me or bother me. They might appeal to others. So who am I to say something should be dropped. You might want to drop something I like.

Goes to the old adage " you can't please all of the people all of the time ".

NCL suits me just fine.

I'm with you Donna. NCL is fine by me. (except I would like to see the Bingo machines brought back) I won't play without them.:p

I wish that they had very distinct smoking and non-smoking sections on the pool deck. On my last cruise to the Caribbean, I wanted so much to enjoy lying on a pool chair in the sun, but no matter where I went, there was always a large group of smokers nearby.

I wish that they had very distinct smoking and non-smoking sections on the pool deck. On my last cruise to the Caribbean, I wanted so much to enjoy lying on a pool chair in the sun, but no matter where I went, there was always a large group of smokers nearby.

Were you possibly lying in the smoking area?

NO SALES talk during my hot stone massage or my facial!!!!!:mad: If I want something I'll let YOU know!!

Honestly, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE getting massages & pedicures & facials. But I've stopped booking them on the cruises. I HATE getting the "upsell" lectures from my spa technician while I'm trying to relax. NO... I don't NEED your $150 face serum, or $300 skin lotion.

If I can't relax, then I'm not dropping the money on an ALREADY over-priced back rub. Not only that, but I've found that the massages therapists are not very trained in the actual art of massage, but are spectacular sales people.

I'll just save my $$$ on board & get a high-quality & PEACEFUL day at the spa back home.

They do, port side smoking, starboard side non-smoking. But I think you missed the question. "What features or on board activities should there cruise lines stop"

Is it me or does it seem the announcement are getting worse every year and why do they keep talking and talking? If they are going to make one, then keep it simple and straight to the point and not ramble on and on. They end up sounding like an infomercial is happening.

Is it me or does it seem the announcement are getting worse every year and why do they keep talking and talking? If they are going to make one, then keep it simple and straight to the point and not ramble on and on. They end up sounding like an infomercial is happening.

I think it totally depends on the ship and the cruise director. On our cruise in 2009 they were non-stop for especially bingo. On our cruise earlier this year it was very very quiet, next to no announcements at all.

Was Jamie still on as CD in April because we barely heard from her in Feb/Mar.

*I wish they would stop being exclusive to one soda line and have all sodas so coke and pepsi people can all be happy!

I love the idea of the kiosk for pictures on computer, much easier to deal with - and cost effective i'd think. DisneyWorld/Land has the photopass thing down pat - something along those lines would be sweet!!

I so agree, I miss my coke classic, and have to bring my own, dont like the "P" word.

NO SALES talk during my hot stone massage or my facial!!!!!:mad: If I want something I'll let YOU know!!

I also find massage SALES talk a total buzz kill. I don't mind adding to the built in gratuity if they can let me rest in post massage peace. I am thinking about making the conceirge aware of how strongly I feel about this before I show up for a massage next time.

For real! I hate that! :mad:

And to reply to the last poster: I did tell them I wasn't interested in any idle chit chat last time nor was I interested in products. She never mentioned a word to me until we were walking out and back to the main desk. So I guess I cannot complain too much. ;)

I also find massage SALES talk a total buzz kill. I don't mind adding to the built in gratuity if they can let me rest in post massage peace. I am thinking about making the conceirge aware of how strongly I feel about this before I show up for a massage next time.

I never thought about mentioning it to the conceirge, but I suppose because they are a separate contract they really can't do much about it.!! Looks like I'am not the only one who hates the sale pitches!!!! If they weren't so over priced in product I might actually buy something!!:rolleyes: Just don't mention a darn thing DURING my massage--just wait til I'am done enjoying the total relaxation---then maybe you can convince me to buy something!!LOL

I think ALL cruiselines should have a FREE THALASSOTHERAPY POOL like on Celebrity Millie for tired pax

FREE laundromats or laundromats with irons ..less shleping if you can do your own wash

Free GOOD coffee juice and lemonade all the time in buffet area

Cheaper drinks or HAPPY HOUR

Lounge chairs on balconies that could fit them

A decent sized table on balcony

A pitcher of WATER and pitcher of Ice in cabin at all times

A good Hairdyer

THe possibility of buying bottles of liquor/wine on board to use in cabin...perhaps a tad more than duty free ..but available for all

Free GEL for showerand shampoo and conditioner

TOWEL ANIMALS ...love them

NEW ITINERARIES !!!

Drop: Prince Rupert (waste of a port) What happened to Sitka?

The Volume of all music. Unable to even think in the Spinnaker (star) and awful even in the atrium.

Price for behind the scenes tour.

Price for soda card (the kids drink way more soda than I do, but they cost less?

Chocolate Buffet, it is so sad how awesome it used to be and how terrible it is now.

"adult only" hot tubs signs, unless someone is actually going to enforce.

cruise directors speech about enjoy the last day, to use the pool and hot tubs, when they are CLOSED!!

Copy: Disney's Photopass program, all digital and all photos for reasonable fee, Disney lets you pre pay $99 for UNLIMITED photos. thats equivalent to 5 8x10s on a sale day :(. I would rather the disc and print myself. Surely all the printing is a huge waste.

Add: Conditoner

2 Shows a Night

Extra shows on sea days

Bring back: Smoothie Passport for teens

What happened to the Lattitudes lounge? Missing on the star, a nice place to sit and look out windows, grab a cookie and an iced tea.

Windows in the Spinnaker on the Star, what a waste of a lounge on a beautiful cruise to Alaska.

Can you not "lay down the law" before you lay down your body?

Kathy

Archived