tell me about Carnival Ecstasy 4 day to Cozumel

cobra09

I am going on a girl's "weekend" cruise on August 25th out of Galveston. We have still not decided on an excursion although I think we might end up at one of the little beach resorts. Any tips, must dos, suggestions and/or advice? :p

I am going on a girl's "weekend" cruise on August 25th out of Galveston. We have still not decided on an excursion although I think we might end up at one of the little beach resorts. Any tips, must dos, suggestions and/or advice? :p

Go to paradise beach and after some fun in the sun, head back to town and go to Three Amigos! So Much Fun!

thanks jmeans!

I saw a review on Paradise Beach yesterday and thought it looked great! Are there any issues with getting cabs? Are they labeled for each resort? We will be traveling in a group of 4 girls and even though i have never read of any sort of safety issue..I of course want to run around in the safest way possible. Do we take our passports off of the boat with us?

We're big fans of Nachi Cocum. It doesn't have any of the inflatable water toys that Paradise Beach does, but they limit it to 100 people per day, so it's not crowded, and for $50, you get food (I think it was an appetizer and meal last time we were there-- very yummy) and unlimited alcoholic drinks. They have nice palapas you can hang out under and just chill :). It was SUPER relaxing. Have fun on your cruise!!

Hi Cobra - Depending on what you are "looking" for - my suggestion would be Nachi Cocum. It is a private, all inclusive resort (just down the beach from Paradise) - it is definitely more ADULT. If you are looking for a relaxing, serviced day on the beach - Nachi is the answer. Its around $50.pp AI which includes, drinks (frozen, mixed, local beers, sodas) hor d'oeuvres on the beach, lunch on the beach or in their restaurant (and the guacamole is the best I've ever had) - beach chairs with thatch umbrella, water float and access to their pool and hot tub. The pool has a swim up bar (which comes in handy if by chance you catch an afternoon thundershower) because it is covered. Service beyond belief. ASK FOR CARLOS! The price is RIGHT and they only take the first 100 folks. No more - so it is very relaxing. If you want to snorkle, parasail, etc - that is available for an extra charge. Google Island Marketing Ltd. - that is the way you can make a reservation.

As far as cabs go - there is one central area to catch a cab. You will be traveling to Nachi for about 15 minutes - and all cabs are safe. No need to worry. Go to the cab station and ask to go to Nachi. I cannot remember exactly how much the cab fare is; but its reasonable.

If you are more into "people watching" and "partying" - you might want to go to another area (of the same beach) like Paradise or Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia. All of these resorts share the same beach - its basically just what you are looking for................

Have Fun!

YES! thanks so much guys!

blusry I am going to go check out your pics! We are all first time cruisers and probably a little overly excited to be away from the husbands and have a little fun!

Ecstasy is leaving Galveston and coming to New Orleans for 6 weeks (i think) then it is going to Port Canaveral, FL!! I know the Ecstasy will be here in October for my Halloween Cruise on Oct. 31 for 5 days to Cozumel and Progreso!!

You are going to have a great time! We just debarked from the Ecstasy this morning and had a wonderful time. If you are looking for something a little sporty and relaxing, try Chankanaab for snorkeling and some great strawberry daquiris. You are going to have a great time, such a great ship and such a wonderful staff!

Archived