Pic of what Sail & Sign Looks Like?

I NEVER reply to ANYTHING... been lurking on the boards for YEARS but never wanted to post.

Today, I just had to...

Why does everyone offer advice on what OP should and shouldn't do!?!? OP wanted a picture of the back of the S&S card. Just post the picture if you have it and move on.

Anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me??

I think if you've been on Cruise Critic long enough, you just get use to it... Someone always has something to say and no matter what, it will never change...

In answer to the OP question... I am cruising with 18 people in 6 cabins in August and while the two youngest (8 years old) cannot remember, from the 12 year old and up, everyone has all 6 cabins already memorized... Even 82 year old Poppy knows them :)

Don't know how many cabins you are talking about, but maybe if you give out the list now, by the time of sailing, everyone might know where everyone will be!!! Thats my suggestion..

I'm a band director and I have taken kids all around the country and world. The kids will remember their room numbers. We have stayed in hotels and there have been kids on multiple floors....they have always rememebred their room numbers.

I make a list for myself though. I write down the room number, which kids are in which rooms, and that way when I do bed checks at the end of the day I know who is supposed to be in the room, as well as which rooms my students are in.

I think, from a safety standpoint, if a kid forgets their room number, they should have to come and find you to get their number, or have them find their friends that they are staying with. Odds are one of them will remember. I wouldn't print names on stickrs and put them on the back of their cards.

I know, it's stressful, but it will all work out.

Wow - thanks for all of the replies. To clarify, its not a matter or remembering their own room numbers, its a matter of remembering the room numbers of all the people in our party. All except one are on Deck 2 and all have numbers that are easily transposed (2355 and 2535).

I see the back of the card doesnt have any place to put things.

I do like the idea that someone had to decorate the door. This is an excellent idea. Worse case scenario, they have to roam the deck for a while until they find it. Love the idea. Thank you!

I will tell you that I did see through labels once with red writing for the same thing. Problem is, it wore off after about day 2. I do prepare little business card size papers for each cruise I go on with each person's name and cabin number.

When you have a large group of 5+ cabins, it is hard to remember where each and every person is. It's nice to have the card when wandering the ship to be able to call someone's room and tell them where you are!

We do also decorate cabin doors, as well! The last cruise I was on I got something called a Wall Pop from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It was a dry erase board that stuck on the door without adhesive. We could write notes to each other during the day. Lots of fun. We even had strangers writing things on there!

So as a refresher, in post 1, the OP speaks of many people remembering many room numbers but in post 3, the OP speaks of pre-teens not remembering their rooms. While i agree with you that in post 1 it may be difficult to remember multiple room numbers, my question around post 3 is the same as before...How old are these pre-teens that they can't remember a 4 or 5 digit number?

When I meant "their" rooms I mean it collectively. The pre-teens are spread across many rooms and wont remember each other's room numbers. Even I cant remember all the room numbers for our group.

I NEVER reply to ANYTHING... been lurking on the boards for YEARS but never wanted to post.

Today, I just had to...

Why does everyone offer advice on what OP should and shouldn't do!?!? OP wanted a picture of the back of the S&S card. Just post the picture if you have it and move on.

Anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me??

It's just you. :D Just kidding. You've been around here long enough to know what you are suggesting isn't going to happen on CC. :cool:

I would just print a list of names and room numbers that they can keep INSIDE the room next to the phone. They most likely will not be calling each other while around the ship.

THis is a great idea. Our last cruise was during Easter break and we kept getting calls from kids trying to call each other and they had the wrong numbers. Not cool when trying to sleep at 1:00 am.

Archived