Pushchairs.

blitznbobs

Does anyone know if you can take a push chair as well as your luggage allowance with a toddler... Just booked to the carribean and now I'm worried that I'll have to cope without a pushchair... this would make our holiday HARD WORK... does anyone know anything about this or do I have to contact P&O... I've only ever sailed with P&O before out of Southampton and usually fly for other cruises in Virgin Upper who couldn't accommodate us any better. As the flights are included we've decided to fly with P&O (Thompson) but need a push chair and don't have the allowance ---

Please help

BnBx

I seem to remember on Ventura they have buggys / pushchairs in the kids club that you can borrow to save you taking your own. I should check with customer services.

For info, a pushchair or wheelchair doesn't count as part of the your luggage allowance. You can take them all the way to the gate / stairs and they put them in the hold before take off (usually!)

Hi BNB,

Rosebaskets is correct. You can take a pushchair on board which does not count towards your allowance. We have taken a pushchair 3 times in the last year. You will get a luggage tag from the check in desk to fit onto your buggy, just as if it was a suitcase. you can then take it to the gate with you and give it to a member of staff just before you board, either that or you can take it right to the aircraft door.

the following is taken from the Thomson Website:

"Collapsible pushchairs, infant car seats and wheelchairs may be carried free of charge on Thomson Airways in addition to your main baggage allowance, but a cot would count as part of your baggage allowance....These items will be stored in the hold of the aircraft as checked luggage. If you wish to keep your pushchair with you until you reach the boarding gate, please contact a member of staff at the airport to check that this is possible."

hope this helps

Darren

Archived