Snorkel Day-Grand Turk or Nassau

DEBnGAB

The sharks were right on schedule for us:

I just did the snorkel tour with Stuart's Cove. It was three stops. I was not impressed with the first two stops (except for a barracuda), but the last stop was the shark stop and it was awesome! There were about 9 reef sharks circling beneath us and it was quite the adrenaline rush. The tour was well worth it just for that stop.

Did you snorkel in the morning or afternoon? Coz from Stuart's Cove website, they do the shark dive only in the afternoon, so I'm assuming there won't be anyone feeding the sharks for the snorkel trip in the morning?

Did you snorkel in the morning or afternoon? Coz from Stuart's Cove website, they do the shark dive only in the afternoon, so I'm assuming there won't be anyone feeding the sharks for the snorkel trip in the morning?

Oh wow! :( I didn't even see that part on the website. No way we can do the afternoon trip and make it back in time. No shark snorkel for us I guess.

It's not the "shark dive" but rather the 3 stop snorkel. The shark dive is scuba diving with the sharks

We went in the afternoon. We were on the Sensation that was overnighting in Nassau so there was no miss-the-ship stress.

Oh that would prob be a problem then since we arrive at 8 and leave at 5. I had been seriously considering Stuarts too..darn. I was also getting mixed reviews about Nassau snorkleing.

Id do Stuarts simply for the shark snorkel!

But doesnt look like our port schedule will accomodate it.

Was the visibility any good at the first 2 stops?

Visibility was good, there just wasn't a lot of fish. We did see a barracuda at the second stop and there was a sunken plan there too. However, I kept comparing the coral and fish to our Grand Cayman snorkel from last year, and the Grand Cayman trip was much better. It is hard to top the sharks though!

We did it in the morning. We didn't feed the sharks, but we got into the water and held onto a rope while watching the sharks beneath us. After we got out of the water, they brought the sharks to the surface.

Visibility was good, there just wasn't a lot of fish. We did see a barracuda at the second stop and there was a sunken plan there too. However, I kept comparing the coral and fish to our Grand Cayman snorkel from last year, and the Grand Cayman trip was much better. It is hard to top the sharks though!

The Shark part is my main draw to be honest....I've had great snorkeling at other places too, had 2 barracuda encounters in Puerto Rico and a jellyfish.

Now I need to add Sharks to the list!

It's not the "shark dive" but rather the 3 stop snorkel. The shark dive is scuba diving with the sharks

I am aware of that. But Irishlinny mentioned that they feed the sharks 40ft below with the scuba divers while you snorkel in the surface. So I was a little worried that if we do the morning snorkel, there won't be any sharks there coz the shark dive group won't be there feeding sharks until the afternoon.

We went in the afternoon. We were on the Sensation that was overnighting in Nassau so there was no miss-the-ship stress.

Thank you Snorkel2Much!

We did it in the morning. We didn't feed the sharks, but we got into the water and held onto a rope while watching the sharks beneath us. After we got out of the water, they brought the sharks to the surface.

Thank you Cruise JD! Definitely gonna talk to DH about this. We wanted to do the shark dive but our ship leaves at 5pm :(

Oh wow! :( I didn't even see that part on the website. No way we can do the afternoon trip and make it back in time. No shark snorkel for us I guess.

I was worried about not seeing them in the morning snorkel coz the scuba dive trip with shark feeding is in the afternoon. But it looks like you will still be able to see sharks in the morning, based on Cruise JD's experience :)

I see that you are gonna be on the Destiny in September. I'll be on it too in November, same itinerary! Can't wait to hear about your cruise when you come back. What tours are you planning to do on the 3 ports?

Speaking from direct experience, (and I added a few photos earlier in this thread for proof) if you stay in the water a while the sharks will come up all on their own. :eek: My son and I stayed until one of the sharks got impatient and took a chunk out of a Yellowtail. (see 3rd photo in Post #7)

Archived