Taxi for the day

crewsin250

If you are planning on booking a taxi for the day I would be very CAUTIOUS about booking with Alex Garcia at tourguide_roatan. Everything I told him I did not want to happen on our tour HAPPENED.

1. I specifically asked if he would be our driver for the day - his reply YES did not happen.

2. I told him my mother was 73 and we needed a car with A/C - this did happen but when I told the driver he pawned us off on Therese what we ( me and Alex) had agreed on she rolled the windows down and turned the A/C off for the rest of the day. My mother was drained from the heat so bad she almost got sick when we got back to the boat.

3.The whole time she was complaining about how she was not told of our plans, which may be true, but this is not what I had planned either. My agreement was with Alex.

4. From what I gathered from Therese you do not rent the taxi for the day you can choose different tours from them.

5.There was still almost 1 to 1 1/2 hours of daylight left when Therese dropped us off at the ship we never got over 35 k/m an hour and stopped for every pothole in Roatan.

SO I WOULD LOOK VERY LONG AND HARD BEFORE BOOKING WITH ALEX OR THERESE ON YOUR DAY IN ROATAN. Paul

We were on the same cruise with Crewsin250 (Hi Paul) We booked with Victor Bodden. We did not have Victor we had his friend Carlos and we had a great tour. Carlos spoke very good english and he went out of his way to show us a good time. We went to the Iguana Farm, He took us to Fantasy Island Resort so he could show my kids the wild monkeys in the trees. We spent a couple of hours at Half Moon Bay to snorkle and eat some lunch. This place was very good for snorkling. The food at the resturant was good but the service was really slow it took about a hour and 10 minutes to get our food and it was not very busy. He also made a stop along the side of the road where a lady was making sugar cane juice so my kids could try it. We had a very memorable experience in Roatan thanks to Victor Bodden and his great driver.

From what Carlos told us, Victor is very picky about who he hires to drive for him. None of his drivers drink and if they are not family they are usually friends from his church.

Hi Mary were ya"ll able to get your exc problem fixed to your liken.

I almost for got there was a highlight to our day in Roatan when we got to Oakridge our driver did get us a excellent water taxi driver his name was Peanut he knows the land, water and the people and give a wonderful tour of the Mangrove tunnels.

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to get to Oakridge??

We are going by The orphanage in Sandy Bay first and then on to Oakridge if time permitting.

Thanks for any info

From the cruise dock in Coxen Hole, it will take you about 15 minutes or so to get to Sandy Bay. Then from Sandy Bay to Oakridge will take 40 minutes or so (you have to backtrack, it's opposite direction than from the cruisedock to Sandy Bay).

Archived