How often does the entertainment change?

1027rm

We were on the Sensation 3 time between 2006 and 2009 and the show was the same every time. Hubby and I went by ourselves the first time. Took my parents on a 49th wedding anniversary cruise the 2nd, and then the in laws wanted us to go with them on the 3rd. Our next cruise will be on the Inspiration in October. Looking forward to see what kind of show it has.

The production shows are typically on a ship for a few years at least. The nightly "show" acts usually change every cruise or two. The problem is that Carnival (same probably goes for other lines as well) seems to have a stable of acts that they rotate throughout the fleet so even if you sail on different ships, you may see the same magician, juggler, singer, etc. That's probably one of my biggest gripes as a frequent cruiser. We went on Celebrity last year and it was so fantastic having all new entertainment - we went to all the shows and I don't remember the last time I did that. Plus, they had a show one night that was honestly as good as a Cirque du Soleil show - amazing! So, as much as I love Carnival (as evidenced by my sailing history), I may well pick Celebrtiy or RCCL next year for our 20th anniversary just so that I know I'll see some new shows and new decor.

Thank you for your reply. On our last cruise, we didn't like any of the shows so it didn't leave a whole lot to do since I'm not much for baking out in the sun all day. :) I was hoping this one would be different for my hubby and I. Thanks again.

Archived