Legend Review 7-3 to 7-10 2011 Lots of Pictures

Larry'sLady

Marcus Anthony entertains

312.jpg

Our monkey towel animal hangs out with Macie's octopus

313.jpg

By the way, if anyone is interested, the octopus was a gift I purchased from Bon Voyage for Macie. It was one of 6 Carnival sea creatures that were in a net bag. They were wrapped in cellophane with a bow and a message from us. They were only $30. Thought they were a great deal and she loved them. Ordered before we cruised.

That's gonna do it for tonight folks. Will work on it some more tomorrow night. I am spending the day tomorrow with my first cousin who is also my best friend. She is going through chemo & radiation for stage 3 lung cancer. If you pray, please remember her in your prayers. Good night all.

We went to the Motown and More show. It was a one man show with Marcus Anthony, who had opened for Patty Labelle for several years. He had a great voice and sang a lot of Motown hits. Also had interaction with ladies from the audience dancing on stage to “Brickhouse.” He asked ladies who thought they were a brickhouse to come onstage. Needless to say, some were, some weren’t. We didn’t do too much tonight. We have an early day tomorrow in Belize. Our towel animal was a monkey.

I am enjoying your review...thanks for making the extra effort to include all of the photos.

Our family did the same cruise on the Legend last summer and my two daughter-in-laws went up on stage with Marcus Anthony for his brick house number. The link to a video of their carnival debut is below...(the girls are on the far left of the stage and are really dancing up a storm!) I smile every time I watch this video just remembering what a great time we had on the cruise. I can tell by looking at your photos how much your family enjoys being together as well...you will have memories to last a lifetime!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=LS31Zq851qc

Thanks to everyone for your kind remarks. You're right, it takes a lot of time to add the pictures. About 5 hours so far tonight. I wanted to take the time to do a detailed review with lots of pictures as a thank you to everyone's reviews that I have enjoyed so much while waiting for this cruise. Dave is a fabulous photographer. He is the photographer for the Virginia Tech Hokies varsity sports. He is used to taking candid and action shots all the time. Several of his photos have been in Sports Illustrated. We are very proud of him.

Thank you too for your nice comments about our family. Yes, we are very close and enjoy spending time together. We have 3 children and 6 grandchildren. Kelly is the middle child with a brother older and younger. Macie was our first granddaughter. Kelly also has our oldest grandson who is 19. Now we have 2 girls as our youngest son has a daughter who is 2. Our oldest son has 3 boys, identical twins who are 11 and a son who is 17.

They all keep us busy but we love every minute of it.

I appreciate the time you took to put up these photos and write the review. I look forward to reading more. Have a good night!

Thanks to everyone for your kind remarks. You're right' date=' it takes a lot of time to add the pictures. About 5 hours so far tonight. I wanted to take the time to do a detailed review with lots of pictures as a thank you to everyone's reviews that I have enjoyed so much while waiting for this cruise. Dave is a fabulous photographer. He is the photographer for the Virginia Tech Hokies varsity sports. He is used to taking candid and action shots all the time. Several of his photos have been in Sports Illustrated. We are very proud of him.

Thank you too for your nice comments about our family. Yes, we are very close and enjoy spending time together. We have 3 children and 6 grandchildren. Kelly is the middle child with a brother older and younger. Macie was our first granddaughter. Kelly also has our oldest grandson who is 19. Now we have 2 girls as our youngest son has a daughter who is 2. Our oldest son has 3 boys, identical twins who are 11 and a son who is 17.

They all keep us busy but we love every minute of it.[/quote']

Loving your review! You can never post too many pictures.

You have a lovely family, and it looks like this was a great vacation so far. Please post more when you can. My heart goes out to your cousin. She and you are in my prayers.

Waiting for more of your fabulous review...............

Marcus Anthony entertains

312.jpg

Our monkey towel animal hangs out with Macie's octopus

313.jpg

By the way' date=' if anyone is interested, the octopus was a gift I purchased from Bon Voyage for Macie. It was one of 6 Carnival sea creatures that were in a net bag. They were wrapped in cellophane with a bow and a message from us. They were only $30. Thought they were a great deal and she loved them. Ordered before we cruised.

That's gonna do it for tonight folks. Will work on it some more tomorrow night. I am spending the day tomorrow with my first cousin who is also my best friend. She is going through chemo & radiation for stage 3 lung cancer. If you pray, please remember her in your prayers. Good night all.[/quote']

Thanks for a great review! I hope your cousin does well and will keep her in my prayers...can you tell me her first name? I look forward to the rest of your review!

Nice reviee so far! I love the pictures. My family is thinking about booking the Legend for next year, September. How would you rate the ship?

Btw i love your pictures ;)

Love the review! We were on the Legend last Sept 11th (review somewhere) and rebooked for this Sept 11th. We cannot wait! The Legend is a GREAT ship. We love her. You will always love your first. We are on the Imagination in November. Cannot go wrong with the Legend though. We live in Pinellas Park and only takes us 25 minutes to port and 20 minutes to watch her go under the Skyway every Sunday that we want. It is great to be alive! Have fun!

Nice reviee so far! I love the pictures. My family is thinking about booking the Legend for next year, September. How would you rate the ship?

Btw i love your pictures ;)

We loved the Legend. It was just the right size and easy to get around. The decks all go from stern to aft so u don't have to use a certain elevator to get to a specific deck. Food was great and so was the coffee & tea. Would go again on the Legend tomorrow if I could.

Thanks for a great review! I hope your cousin does well and will keep her in my prayers...can you tell me her first name? I look forward to the rest of your review!

Her name is Faye. Thanks so much to all of you for caring. She is a wonderful person. She survived breast cancer 37 years ago and she is a fighter.

Thank you so much for the great review, looking forward to more and I agree with the others you can never have too many pictures!:)

I also agree that is a great picture of you and your husband on deck three, it made me smile, Happy Anniversary!

I will keep Faye in my thoughts and prayers, take care.

Thanks Nana for posting my photos. And thanks even more for not posting ALL of them!

I love taking pictures anywhere, but particularly on or under the ocean! I'd like to put a disclaimer out there that all of these images were taken with a point-and-shoot (Canon D10) as opposed to a professional digital SLR that I would normally use (whole line of Nikons). For an active traveler like me, when I'm around the water, the convenience of carrying a little camera and not being restricted to staying dry outweighs the obvious quality difference between a PNS and say the D3 that I might otherwise have with me!

If you have any questions about cameras, photos or other photo-related things as they pertain to cruising, hit me up...

My 2 sons were in Camp Carnival with Macie and attended the all night party with her. They said she was such a nice girl and they enjoyed being in Camp with her! :p

Thanks for the nice comment about our very special girl. She loved Camp Carnival and made lots of new friends. Hope y'all had as good a time as we did. :D Now to get back to the review.

WEDNESDAY Belize, Central America

We met for breakfast in the MDR at 7:00AM. We had pre-booked the Belize City and Altun Ha Ruins excursion through Carnival. Tickets said we left at 8:45 AM so we met in the Follies Lounge at about 8:20. Everyone who had an early excursion got on the first tenders, no matter if you booked through Carnival or not. They gave each person a numbered sticker based on what time your excursion left.

I had never been on a tender before, so I was a little apprehensive after having a knee replacement 2 years ago. I should not have worried. The tenders were large and the steps leading to them were very easy to maneuver. There were plenty of hands on deck to help you enter and leave the boat. The trip took about 25 minutes and the waters were calm. We were met at the pier by a rep of our tour (Bak A Bush Tours) and taken to the area where busses park. We were given time to use the restroom and purchase water, if we wanted to.

We boarded a very nice air-conditioned bus and off we went. We drove around the city of Belize as our tour guides, Garrett and Ken showed us both sides of life in Belize. We saw fine homes and abject poverty. We all felt completely safe on this tour. I would not, even though others on the CC board have done it, go off on my own in Belize. The people drive like maniacs and there are bicycles everywhere. There are no speed limits on any of the roads. On the way to Altun Ha, we passed an armed check point. Garrett said they were placed at intervals along the road and you better have papers that proved the vehicle was yours and why you were on the road.

We arrived in Altun Ha about 1 1/2 hours later. We were given a bottle of water when we exited the bus. Be sure and have lots of sunscreen and bug spray when it is summer. The bugs were so bad that they burned pots of some kind of nut to keep them away. Garrett said when they had winter it was about 65 degrees! We were given the history of the ruins and allowed to view them. The tour was completely guided and we stayed together. Garrett explained that Carnival only allowed its tours to climb one of the ruins as they were concerned that the others weren’t safe. We saw people on all the other ruins.

After the tour, we spent some time shopping in a small area of local shops. These were very primitive but they had some beautiful things. I bought a hand carved cane with a toucan head for $20. I saw one similar in Roatan with a dogs head for $44. We found the best prices for souvenirs in Cozumel & Belize. Locals were also selling fruit but we did not buy any. They had restroom facilities at the ruins and they sold beer. Dave & Larry sampled the local beer, Belikin beer, and pronounced that for $1 it was very good. There are other tours to these ruins that go on the Wallace River and by bus. I would not recommend these as the bugs would probably be very bad and some of the boats weren’t covered. The sun was HOT!!!

Our tour was supposed to be for 4 hours but we went over and did not arrive back in port until 2:45. We had not eaten since breakfast. I would recommend a tour that serves lunch or bring some crackers or other sealed snacks. We caught a tender back to the ship and hurried to the Unicorn for lunch. It was 3:30 by the time we ate and we had dinner at 6:00 PM. This is why I prefer ATD. We rested on the balcony and went on deck for sail away at 5: PM. Macie had a swim party tonight so she was swimming and eating with Camp friends.

After dinner we went to the Firebird for singing (karaoke) and dancing. We didn’t stay too long as they were terrible and the same people kept singing. There was a party on the Lido at 10 PM. Our dancer, Macie, took her dad as her dance partner tonight. Fun ship Freddie and the whole gang were there. Larry and I did the balcony routine and called it a night. Our towel animal was a frog.

Beautiful morning in Belize

325.jpg

Breakfast in the MDR

326.jpg

Macie & Kelly on the tender ride into port

327.jpg

A look back at the ship

328.jpg

The port of Belize

330.jpg

One of our tour guides Ken

331.jpg

Believe it or not this was not a bad residence in Belize

332.jpg

This was a much better one

333.jpg

The people sold food on all the streets

334.jpg

Our tour guide Garrett

336.jpg

The Wallace River

341.jpg

A cashew tree. Not in season now

345.jpg

Wow nice review. I do have a question about Cozumel...I understand that you went and caught a Taxi ride into town but, where did your son-in-law snorkel? Was that in town or near the boat and how much was it? I am going there next month and would love to go around town and shop and snorkel too with out paying for an excursion...Please any info on this would help.

Can't wait for you to continue your review!!! Q:)

Archived