Deck 9 or 10 owner's suite?

reefgirl

We just sailed on the Pearl in an A3 and had a great experience. Next cruise I would like to try an owner's suite, probably on the Jewel or Pearl (pacific coastal). I know that the deck 10 balcony is more visible to the bridge, but that's not a big deal to me. I noticed a considerable difference in size between the deck 9 and 10 suites. According to the NCL website (which I understand can be woefully inaccurate) the deck 9 OS is 543 sf and the deck 10 OS is 673 sf. Anyone have any experience with the differences between these cabins? Also, on a southbound repo from Vancouver to LA would you recommend port or starboard? Thanks in advance

Deck 10 Owner's Suites feel larger, not sure if they actually are but they feel bigger. Deck 9 suites have the table and chairs next to the sliders to the side balcony, deck 10 have an alcove toward the door for the table and chairs. Both are quite roomy though. With the privacy issue of the deck 10 side balcony, I am not sure which I prefer...

Robin

We just sailed on the Pearl in an A3 and had a great experience. Next cruise I would like to try an owner's suite, probably on the Jewel or Pearl (pacific coastal). I know that the deck 10 balcony is more visible to the bridge, but that's not a big deal to me. I noticed a considerable difference in size between the deck 9 and 10 suites. According to the NCL website (which I understand can be woefully inaccurate) the deck 9 OS is 543 sf and the deck 10 OS is 673 sf. Anyone have any experience with the differences between these cabins? Also, on a southbound repo from Vancouver to LA would you recommend port or starboard? Thanks in advance

We were in Owner's Suite #9004 on the Pearl and have some pictures if that might help:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563745682WfHIDH

We have only sailed in the deck 10 OS and we LOVE it. We prefer the deck 10 OS because of the dining alcove, the porthole in the bath area and a bit more room in the cabin.

I would highly suggest the port side on the southbound trip. We were in 10504 on the Pearl southbound Pac Coastal in 2007. I got up about 6 am the morning we sailed into San Francisco. We saw the Golden Gate come into view. It was magical!

I cant speak for the pearl but I know the on the jade I stayed in OS on 9 and visited one on 10. deck 9 was (feels) bigger with deeper balcony so I think the bridge can see that one more. The side balcony was also very nice..I was on starboard (right) side of ship and could see the hole on the floor of the bridge from there...

We were in Owner's Suite #9004 on the Pearl and have some pictures if that might help:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563745682WfHIDH

Great pictures that brought back some wonderful memories. We were on the Pearl in OS 9004 last September for the Southbound Coastal cruise. The cruise was very nice and the suite was terrific. I think that there is a little more privacy from the Bridge on Deck 9 but that's not any big deal.

We normally try to book port side suites but 9004 is on the starboard side and really enjoyed it. Probably get to see more of the coastline with a portside cabin. From the OS, the view of the Golden Gate Bridge is spectacular.

Archived