Cruise care insurance question

shayelle

They are closed today and I have a question. I am on the cruise now. Cruise is over tomorrow. I have developed a serious eye issue. My flight that I booked independently is not until a week from today. Does cruise care cover it if I need to change it to get home earlier or not? Since it's independently booked and after the cruise is over I have my doubts. Anyone know?

Thanks!

I suggest acquiring a copy of the policy. It would seem that independent travel could be covered, but since the X insurance is based on the $$$ cost of the cruise, it probably is not covered.

Do you have a copy of your cruise documents with the Cruise Care information with you? This is in the cruise docs, either the printed version or the edoc version. If not perhaps customer relations has a copy on board. Reading through this from an old cruise (might have changed since then) it isn't clear if your issue is covered but it might be as they provide coverage for independently booked air. If it does apply there is also a section that indicates you might have to have seen a doctor who gave a written opinion that your condition prevents you from continuing your trip.

>>"They are closed today"?

Who is closed?

There is a section in the Cruise Care information which indicates they have a 24 hour assistance line

CareFreeTM Travel Assistance, Medical Assistance and Emergency Services can be accessed

by calling On Call International at 1-(866) 509-7716 or, from outside the U.S. or Canada, call

collect: 1-(603) 898-2679.

Archived