P Grade - QM2

Mickb

We are booked in a P1 stateroom for the 4th May eastbound crossing. I read somewhere on these boards that Princess Grill passengers can use the Queens Grill private bar. Does anyone know if this is true? Also what is the function of the concierge on a transatlantic crossing?

We need to get to the ship from Washington DC and had decided to hire a car and self drive because our cases are too big for Amtrak. It occurs to me that someone might know of a car service that could pick us up and drop us at the pier. - Can anyone suggest?

Look back at previous threads and you will certainly find what you want. We sail on 16 April westbound and are in a P1 suite.

From what I find from others, the Queens Grill Lounge/Bar is available to all Grill passengers. There is even a picture somewhere from a previous passenger showing a sign outside the lounge announcing "Grill Passengers Only". From what others have said, it appears that this lounge is quite quiet. You will be able to get afternoon tea with scones and clotted cream in this lounge and, again, others have said it was quiet.

Look for other threads re the concierge.

We are travelling around the USA and Canada for two months after we reach New York so it might be difficult to devote enough time for a comprehensive report but will try, at least, some pointers if there are any to give.

The concierge is nothing more than an auxillary pursers desk without the lines. I didn't find the concierge lounge as some place where anyone wanted to hang out!

The real advantage of Q rather than P, other than the obvious room size difference, is the alacarte and off menu possibilities in the Queen's Grill, the private deck and jacuzzi, but most importantly , the butler. The butler will bring you food from almost any venue on the ship as well as keep your bar stocked and even help you unpack and pack.

The Q Grill lounge is open, I think, to all grill guests and is the best place for tea since it is very rarely crowded.

Archived