Belize Cave Tubing Suggestions

sbfanatic

We booked with VIV tours via shoretrips and they were GREAT!! They offered the best tubes that linked together so we did not have to hook our feet onto someone elses tub!!!! The guides were friendly and experts on all things Belize!!!!:)

We booked with major Tom and his crew with cave-tubingdotnet and had an amazing time! The guides took great care of us and we were allowed to jump off of a rock into the water. The folks with the Carnival tour didn't get to do this. The service was outstanding and we were back at the pier with an hour to spare.

Our family of 19 booked with X-Stream cave tubing July 5th and the tour guides, Mike, George and Dorian, really made the trip extra special. The youngest in our group was 8 and the oldest was 66 (with recent knee surgery). Everyone had a great time, lunch was included, we went through 3 caves, our guides had us laughing the whole day and we only paid $45 a person! We even learned a lot about the jungle during our walk and about the country during our ride to the tubing location. http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/cavetubingbelize.htm I would definitely recommend them and book with them again!

In 2007 we did cave tubing with Major Tom. Great time. We had a party of 9 so they didn't take any others. One in our group close to 70 years young. It was a extremely hot day and she couldn't make the walk to the entrance point. So one of the two guides agreed he would wait with her by the river side and when our group came floating by, they would join us for the reminder of the tube ride.

After the rest of the group got to the entrance point, got assembled, and on our way to our surprise the other guide and the lady were just down river from us. The guide and all of us were surprised to say the least.

The guide that stayed with her put the lady in her tube, got is his tube, and hooked his feet into her tube. He paddled up stream for (I believe the guides determined a mile or so) towing her. No one could believe it.

We wouldn't hesitate to use Major Tom again. The service the provided was top notch even without the tow service.

We emailed the company directly and it took them less than a day to respond. In the email we asked if they could handle a group of our size and if we could get our own bus and expedition (that is what we did and it was great). We got a discount for booking in advance and a discount for booking so many people. We paid our deposit over the website and paid the rest, in cash, when we got there. :)

I'm having a very difficult time with Island Mkt. I have completed all there forms and sent deposits for two excursions. I've had one email answering a question before I deposited and no confirmations for the deposits. There Live Chat doesn't work and there's no other way to contact them. If I don't hear from them soon I will have to book with another company. Is there any other company that does the X-Streme cave tubing?

Definately without a doubt go with cavetubing.bz - NOT .com! The group size for bz is perfect. They have a bus with plenty of guides. They have the newest equipment. Vitalino, the owner, will meet your group personally. He takes great pride in making sure everyone has a wonderful day. The .com company has huge charter-type buses with a massive number of people all trying to get equipment. The one person I talked to with their group said the cave was so crowded and loud with so many people.

Everyone in our group of 18 was thrilled with the entire day. We never felt rushed or crowded. The tour also included a local lunch - delicious! I'm not sure what the huge groups do for lunch. We liked cavetubing.bz because they offer everything an independent excursion offers. If we would have wanted to be in a crowded group - we would have used the ship excursion. The guides are great and go at your pace - no rushing.

We booked with VIV tours via shoretrips and they were GREAT!! They offered the best tubes that linked together so we did not have to hook our feet onto someone elses tub!!!! The guides were friendly and experts on all things Belize!!!!:)

This sounds perfect for our group. I have been with Major Tom in the past and had a wonderful time but it was difficult and uncomfortable for some of us to keep our feet locked. If the tubes lock together that would help a lot.

Can you offer more details since their website is limited? What was the transportation like to the tubing site? AC? Did they offer lunch? TIA!:D

Archived