Hobby airport to Galveston

IrishCC

Can anyone recommend a cheap but reliable shuttle/transport service from Hobby to Galveston? I'm thinking along the lines of SAS transport in Florida . . . does such a service exist??

Thanks in advance,

Colleen

Z Limousine out of Houston. I imagine they have something for a group that size. We got a town car for $90 from Hobby to our hotel on Galveston in August of 2010 and had no issues at all. We go down the day before the cruise, but I imagine they can do same day. We are using them again for our cruise on the Conquest in October.

Z Limousine out of Houston. I imagine they have something for a group that size. We got a town car for $90 from Hobby to our hotel on Galveston in August of 2010 and had no issues at all. We go down the day before the cruise, but I imagine they can do same day. We are using them again for our cruise on the Conquest in October.

thanks!!

Can anyone tell me the earliest flight after the cruise from Galveston to Houston Hobby.? I see 11am then 4pm. I don't want to get home at midnite. I am sorry but everything is such a hassle for this place. I am so discouraged doing this cruise. Never had this much problem in 12 cruises out of all Florida. Only thing easy was my hotel. Gave up on car rental. Not paying a week for 2 days. Sorry but after this much problem, back to Florida. Next the shuttle & airfare. Thanks for help. Still working on gluten free.

Can anyone tell me the earliest flight after the cruise from Galveston to Houston Hobby.? I see 11am then 4pm. I don't want to get home at midnite. I am sorry but everything is such a hassle for this place. I am so discouraged doing this cruise. Never had this much problem in 12 cruises out of all Florida. Only thing easy was my hotel. Gave up on car rental. Not paying a week for 2 days. Sorry but after this much problem, back to Florida. Next the shuttle & airfare. Thanks for help. Still working on gluten free.

Where are you flying to from Hobby?

I so understand! Our flights from Phoenix to Hobby on Southwest weren't too ultra pricey, but am trying to get someone a flight in from Green Bay, Wis. Wow- expensive and quite a hassle. Finally booked her on AA, but her price is double what ours is. Just having to keep our fingers crossed we can get off the ship fairly early because it is an 11:50 flight. Otherwise she wouldn't get home til late, and she isn't a young spring chicken anymore.

Trying to book z limousine. Their price for a van from Hobby for 8 of us is $125. Supershuttle wants $108 (with gas surcharge). And read some not too nice reviews on them. Great if you can fly off the ship, but not always the case.

I agree that Florida and even California are much easier to deal with. Lets hope that with the new cruise lines that are coming in, people will start up some new, a bit cheaper transportation companies.

Can anyone recommend a cheap but reliable shuttle/transport service from Hobby to Galveston? I'm thinking along the lines of SAS transport in Florida . . . does such a service exist??

Thanks in advance,

Colleen

Unfortunately, the taxi companies have a lot of political pull down at city hall, so there isn't much competition at either airport. (Super Shuttle is owned by the parent company of Yellow Cab.)

Here's the page from the Airport system: http://www.fly2houston.com/hou-Ground-Transportation

Carnival offers transfers from Hobby for $60/round trip/person: http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/galveston.aspx

Galveston's CVB has a website where you can compare limo rates from either airport: http://transportation.destinationnext.com/

We ended up booking SuperShuttle for a price of $103 each way. Used code PM2PD for 5% off. Every other company I asked for quotes from, gave me low quote, then when I asked them if that was for the 8 people I asked for a quote on, they all came back with a much higher quote. Puts a real shadow of doubt in my mind when they can't even give an accurate rate quote. The $75 quote was jumped to $175 when I asked. Duh!! Couldn't I just have 2 of the $75 rates. So anyway- SuperShuttle it is.

What is the earliest time coming off of Carnival after the cruise to Hobby? Times stink like 11am and then 4 but get home really late. I know all my times from the 3 ports out of Florida. Any help??

Archived