Tenders to Belize

AZEmom

DH and I went to Belize a few years ago. I read on another forum that the tenders are now bigger and quicker. Does anyone have any info on this? We are sailing on the Carnival Legend if that matters (same as before).

Thanks.

The tenders used for both the Legend and the Dream last month when we were there held about 200 people each. We didn't have a Dream ship excursion but were on the TV pier before 9 AM ship time. Looked like the second or third tender to leave the Dream, first one for non ship excursions. Legend tenders I saw looked about the same size.

As far as quickness, that'll partially depend on the weather, sea conditions and how far out your ship has to anchor--depending on number of ships in port that day. We had fairly calm seas and made decent time. Maybe 15 minutes from when we boarded until when we hit the TV pier.

Just off the Legend and the tenders were moving pretty fast. We arrived at the Follies lounge at 7:30AM and were able to get out on the first tender. There were no other ships in port that day, so we did not have to share with another ship, so that may have sped things up.

Thanks to you both for the info. Several years ago the tenders held much fewer people and it took more like 30 minutes to get to the pier. This is definitely welcome news that we should be ok for our non-Carnival tour.

Thanks to you both for the info. Several years ago the tenders held much fewer people and it took more like 30 minutes to get to the pier. This is definitely welcome news that we should be ok for our non-Carnival tour.

My advice is to get to the lounge or area where the Fun Times says for non-Carnival excursions to go to as early as possible (within 5 minutes of the time listed in the Funtimes, if not earlier). You'll have to wait so bring a book, and once you're in with a number, one of you can venture out and get coffee to go from the Legend's Cafe or even Lido, if you have your own cups. You'll be on the first tender out and from there follow th edirections given by your tour operator to your meet up point.

Archived