Moby Dick Tours V. Cruise Ship Tour

kellifromkeller

We are debating between doing our cruise ship tour that includes Turtles, Hell, and Stingray City or Moby Dick's Stingray City and doing the island on our own afterwards. (I know native way and I think Captain Marvin's does the island tour with stingrays, but Moby Dick's seems to have better reviews regarding the time at Stingray City)

I'm looking for suggestions of those who have done their cruise ship tour recently on how crowded their tour was. Were there lots of people or was the size just right? Did you get alot of time in with the stingrays and did you get to feed them?

I'm also looking for those who have done the Moby Dick tour, how much time did you have after the tour? Was there enough time to go up to the turtle farm and hell?

For anyone who has done both the cruise ship tour and Moby Dick's, which did you prefer?

I'm interested too.

Made a reservation for Jan. with Moby Dick.

I guess no one has any opinions, haha

Moby Dicks looks so fun, but DH wants to see the turtles because "we have done the singrays at Discovery Cove." So not the same, but he doesn't understand that, haha.

I've done it with the ship but that was 7 years ago so IDR remember how crowded it was or if we got to feed them and got quality time.

We've done Stingrays and snorkeling with Moby Dick twice, most recently last April. Mark ("Capt. Moby") has a smaller but very well equipped boat (including snorkel gear sized for kids), less crowded, more staff and much better service than you will get from the cruise ship tour. Also there is no pressure to buy photos or videos - bring your own camera.

Our 10:00 AM (island time) tour got us back to the pier about 1:30 PM -- if your ship has a later departure (ours did not :() then you'll have time to check out other sites.

Good luck! :)

We've done Stingrays and snorkeling with Moby Dick twice, most recently last April. Mark ("Capt. Moby") has a smaller but very well equipped boat (including snorkel gear sized for kids), less crowded, more staff and much better service than you will get from the cruise ship tour. Also there is no pressure to buy photos or videos - bring your own camera.

Our 10:00 AM (island time) tour got us back to the pier about 1:30 PM -- if your ship has a later departure (ours did not :() then you'll have time to check out other sites.

Good luck! :)

Our ship leaves at 4, so if wed get back that late wouldn't have time either. As of right now, Mark told us we'd leave at 9 and get back to seven mile beach at 12, and then we'd be half way to the turtle farm anyways. But its still 6 months away, so things could change.

I think we'd have so much more fun with the Moby Dick guys, but DH really wants to see those turtles.

Archived