Easter 2012-Dawn

MikeandAmy

We are thinking about booking the 10-day Carribbean cruise on the Dawn. The date happens to be on Easter. Has anyone sailed on an Easter cruise? Is it crowded with a lot of kids? It is April 8 and the date seems to be close to Spring Break.

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but the number of kids should be held down by the fact the cruise is 10 days. The 3 extra days may make it too long for some families.

Yeah that could be true, we are just looking at the ship and its getting pretty booked already...

yes I've been booked since March after we did the 9 day on the Dawn and loved it. I guess I'm rolling the dice on this one, but we've been to Bermuda, during the summer, with plenty of kids and survived.

We're booked on it and had the same thought. Cruises around holidays are always more family, due to kids/parents having time of school already.

However, the general feedback I've gotten from most cruisers and TA's is that the longer the cruise, the less children are around, due to cost, time away from school and the fact that most parents wouldn't want to be trapped at sea with their kids for 10 days :)

We are thinking about booking the 10-day Carribbean cruise on the Dawn. The date happens to be on Easter. Has anyone sailed on an Easter cruise? Is it crowded with a lot of kids? It is April 8 and the date seems to be close to Spring Break.

Thanks!

We were on a five day Easter cruise a couple of years ago, I can't remember but I think Easter was the 1st or 2nd of April. There were no more kids than usual. They had an Easter egg hunt for them with baskets and a little stuffed bunny and they seemed to be having a really good time. I don't know how it would be on an April vacation but these kids were no problem at all.

We're booked on it and had the same thought. Cruises around holidays are always more family, due to kids/parents having time of school already.

However, the general feedback I've gotten from most cruisers and TA's is that the longer the cruise, the less children are around, due to cost, time away from school and the fact that most parents wouldn't want to be trapped at sea with their kids for 10 days :)

Well we just booked today... This will be our longest cruise yet! We are excited :D

Archived