Serenade of the Seas/cabin #1086

Hi Fellow Cruise Lovers, has anybody stayed in JS 1086 on Serenade any details, impressions etc will be appreciated. I am sailing on 9/18/11. Has the cabin been renovated, Flat screen TV? and is the Sofa Bed comfortable.

Thanks Again,:)

Jon P

lance32

I don't believe the Serenade has been in dry dock recently. We were on her in Jan and had friends that were in a Grand Suite and even their TV was not a flat screen. As for the sofa beds, none are very comfortable, but I think you can ask for one of those "egg crate" covers (I believe that is what they are called)...an additional layer of foam to help out. But the Serenade is still a gorgeous ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Fellow Cruise Lovers, has anybody stayed in JS 1086 on Serenade any details, impressions etc will be appreciated. I am sailing on 9/18/11. Has the cabin been renovated, Flat screen TV? and is the Sofa Bed comfortable.

Thanks Again,

Jon P

lance32

We were in 1596 in December, another JS on the same deck, starboard side toward the aft, so it should be the same. I don't believe they have had any scheduled updates since then, but who knows.

We had an older-style tv, and although my daughter did not complain about the sofa bed, I laid down on it and thought it was hard as a rock. It's not an innerspring-type unfolding bed. Having said that, if I were sleeping on it I would have just asked for an egg crate pad and I am sure it would have been fine. It was large, I have to say that!

We LOVED the Serenade and the roominess of the JS. Much more like a hotel room than a ship's cabin, and the bathroom (especially the bath/shower) was wonderfully roomy. Loved the upgraded toiletries and the tea/coffee service in the cabin.

A few photos:

25e44af3.jpg

09cfe872.jpg

f14e8648.jpg

474d85d5.jpg

cca6167d.jpg

0d56850f.jpg

Hope that helps!

We stayed in this cabin last year. Loved the JS. The closet is wonderful. The only complaint I had was that we heard noise from the carts in the Windjammer all day and all night. This is the first and only time I have ever been bothered by noise from above or below. I think it is just in that one location for some reason.

Archived