How far in advance do you book your cruises?

JackieH

The longest we've booked in advance is 18 months. Both are dream cruises for us (Hawaii and trans-Pacific). The shortest would have to be about 2 months. The 1st cruise we took was booked about 2 months out. We didn't know what to expect and once we were on board I was already thinking about the next one. Since we have 3 booked within the next 14 months I'm not having any issues about what to do in between. I plan for the one coming up, and when it's done I'll move on to the next one. I'm not sure what I'll do after October 2012 though.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Depends on the ship. If it's a spirit class and we want an aft wrap, then as soon as possible, at least one year ahead of time if not more!

How far in advance do you book your cruises, and what do you do in the meantime;)

We seem to go on cruises every other summer. This is mostly because that is how long it takes us to save the money. Last summer(Aug 2010 we were on Carnival Liberty),,Last week I just booked us on the Dream for Aug 2012...now what do I do??;) Ive been reading Dream Reviews, looking at pictures, and trying to get my family as excited as I am..but it seems only my 7 yr old daughter shares my excitement. I suppose as time draws nearer, the rest of them will get on board;):D...with my excitement..

So what do you do 13 months in advance???:rolleyes:

We usually book well in advance as well. I am excited when we first book and stay that way several months afterwards. Seems the closer the cruise gets the more nervous I get about all the stuff there is to do to get ready for it. My wife doesn't get excited about going until there is about a month left to go then she starts talking about it alot. With all of our cruises including the one we have coming up, we have always taken family members with us so we can try to get them hooked on cruising. It has worked very well so far.:D On our next cruise this August we will be bringing our oldest daughter and her family. Plus my parents and my brother and his family will be going with us. Most of this group are first timers which will be exciting to see how they react.

As far as what I do to stay occupied during the wait for the cruise, I pretty much research the ports and figure out what I want to do once I get there. I am always on these boards checking out Carnival Cruise Lines/our Roll Call/Departure Ports/Destination Ports threads.

This will be our last cruise for a couple of years so we can get caught up on other things, but when we do get back into cruising I plan on trying out the Carnival Magic out of Galveston. That should be interesting. Already can't wait for that one.

Happy Cruising

I booked my first cruise 4 months out. This cruise was almost a year! It's pretty much killing me. I liked the 4 months out thing much better. Problem is that I generally can't get a good deal that close. I just got lucky on my first cruise and got a killer deal. I've noticed, now, that most of the really good deals are had much further out (and through ES rates). :rolleyes:

We really want to do a Europe cruise without the kids next. I'll bet we book that one pretty far in advance to give us enough time to pay it off and research all the ports. We've never done Europe before!

Archived