Port time 7:30, excursion at 8:15

ADC

Hello! I just got a reply from Stingray Sailing. Their tour the day I'm there says to meet at 8:15 and our port time is 7:30. Is this doable or cutting it too close? First time cruising and would appreciate any advice, thanks!

When is your cruise and who is your cruise line? Depending on when your cruise is and if your ship stays on one time or changes time to whatever island they are on, Grand Cayman may be an hour behind ship time. So 45 min may actually be an hour and 45 min.

When is your cruise and who is your cruise line? Depending on when your cruise is and if your ship stays on one time or changes time to whatever island they are on, Grand Cayman may be an hour behind ship time. So 45 min may actually be an hour and 45 min.

I'm sailing in Sept. On the Carnival Conquest out of Galveston. If I've done my research correctly, I think ship time and island time should be the same. Thanks for responding!

We just sailed out of Miami, and the ship stayed on Eastern DAYLIGHT time. Cayman was an hour behind. I really don't know if they were on Central daylight time, or Eastern STANDARD time.

The tour companies do this everyday and know what to do. No worries. Contact them and see what they say, it should make you feel better.

Most tours don't leave right on the button unless everyone is there. You see these inconsiderate control freaks meandering out of a shop 10 minutes late on every tour, and the tour waited for them.

We just sailed out of Miami, and the ship stayed on Eastern DAYLIGHT time. Cayman was an hour behind. I really don't know if they were on Central daylight time, or Eastern STANDARD time.

Cayman is on Eastern Standard Time all year.

I am going to be in grand cayman on 9/8/2011. We are on Conquest leaving out of Galveston on 9/4/2011.

I had the same question. I called my travel agent and another operator who verified that the ship's itenarary stays on island time. I also contacted moby dick and capt. marvins and both said we docked at the same time it showed on carnivals page.

I can't answer whether 45 min is enough to get to an excursion, but were pushing it close too. We have 30 min to check in for our stingray swim after we dock.

Archived