Whereto stay 2 nights in Barbados?

otiscruiser

We will be in Barbados for two nights after a cruise and do not know where to stay... Mother and two daughters...preferably West coast as I think the seas are calmer? We have to fly out early morning on a Tuesday so didn't know about traffic or if that is an issue. Mom is late 70's so we don't want loud party place but would like it reasonable and not sooo far away and quiet...

It may need another thread but also any thoughts on what to do ?

thanks all!

Can I say straight away I havenever stayed on the island before, however we will be there before and after our cruise next year and have spent some time checking out the areas to stay at and the hotels.

We are staying just outside of the St Lawrence Gap area which seems to be a popular area for nightlife. We didnt want to stay in the centre as it may be a bit loud but we are no more than a 5 minute cab ride.

We made our decision after reading reviews and recommendations on Tripadvisor and I would suggest you look there for information.

I hope you find what you are looking for and have a great trip.

Regards.

John

Can I say straight away I havenever stayed on the island before, however we will be there before and after our cruise next year and have spent some time checking out the areas to stay at and the hotels.

We are staying just outside of the St Lawrence Gap area which seems to be a popular area for nightlife. We didnt want to stay in the centre as it may be a bit loud but we are no more than a 5 minute cab ride.

We made our decision after reading reviews and recommendations on Tripadvisor and I would suggest you look there for information.

I hope you find what you are looking for and have a great trip.

Regards.

John

Thanks John.. I actually was just looking on trip advisor and have found some places to look into!

I always hesitate to recommend any commercial establishments on the island as folks think an islander is shilling for their buddies....

But, I am not.

Before we bought our winter place on the island, we stayed at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel down in Hastings (South West Coast a mile or two south of Deep Water Harbour), for many winters. We loved it.

It's not Sandy Lane, but it is very clean, has a great beach. Close to the cruise dock and Grantley Adams. QUIET. Most think it quite proper and a value.

I just looked it up on Trip Advisor and it gets 4 out of 5 stars with a base price for a standard room of about US$175/night for two in early December.

Just a simple suggestion. Please check them all out.

My best wishes for a wonderful visit: and please come back! :) :) :)

I always hesitate to recommend any commercial establishments on the island as folks think an islander is shilling for their buddies....

But, I am not.

Before we bought our winter place on the island, we stayed at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel down in Hastings (South West Coast a mile or two south of Deep Water Harbour), for many winters. We loved it.

It's not Sandy Lane, but it is very clean, has a great beach. Close to the cruise dock and Grantley Adams. QUIET. Most think it quite proper and a value.

I just looked it up on Trip Advisor and it gets 4 out of 5 stars with a base price for a standard room of about US$175/night for two in early December.

Just a simple suggestion. Please check them all out.

My best wishes for a wonderful visit: and please come back! :) :) :)

I hope I did not put you on the spot but thank you for helping!!! I will check it out! And then we plan our two days of activities in Barbados..... Can't wait for our trip...thanks again

Archived