How do you get the beds in the right configuration

rhy

It has been 5 years since our last cruise and I don't remember this. Is there a way to let the ship know how you want the beds in the cabin, king or 2 twins, before you get there, or do you just hope and change them if necessary?

We book online and there's nowhere to indicate a choice. You'd think they'd have you check a box. They always have the beds together for my mom and I. Guess they don't check dates of birth. :rolleyes:

I actually think the beds are left in the configuration from the last occupants. We have had them apart and together upon our arrival. The cabins stewards have a lot to do on turnaround day and don't have the time to check the new occupants and then start guessing.

Not sure. First cruise, they were together for me & DH, with the uppers lowered for the kids already when we first got to the cabin. Second cruise, the room was set up the same, but we asked the steward to separate them to make the room easier to move around in.

Last cruise, with my sister, they were separated when we first entered. Perhaps they look at the passenger list and take a best guess.

On our last cruise I was originally booked in a cabin with my father in law and my wife was in a different cabin with her mother. I had our PVP make a note on our reservation to make the beds into one bed instead of separate beds in each cabin even though the last names in each cabin were different. When we boarded it was just as we had requested. We booked it this way so we could use 2 FCC's. One in my name and the other in my wife's name. Saved us $200 on this cruise.

It really not worth worrying about. If they are not how you want when you get on board, tell the steward, and they will be fixed at turn down time.

It may not be worth worrying about, but I know the room stewards are overworked and underpaid. I would hate to think that they have to make up the beds twice just because I couldn't take a few minutes to have a note made on my reservation. Nothing frustrates me more than having to do a job twice just because someone else doesn't do theirs.

Archived