OBCs on multi-segment voyages

22Club59

On multi-segment voyages (not a World Cruise) is it your experience that Cunard rolls over unused On Board Credit Amounts from an earlier segment to a later segment, or is all of the OBC amount allocated to the first segment and then lost if unused?

On multi-segment voyages (not a World Cruise) is it your experience that Cunard rolls over unused On Board Credit Amounts from an earlier segment to a later segment, or is all of the OBC amount allocated to the first segment and then lost if unused?

Hi 22Club. My understanding is that any OBC is applicable only to the voyage specified. How large is your OBC? - I ask that question because I am amazed at how quickly OBC'S are used on my voyages...the Hotel and Dining charge, a bottle (or two) of wine, a couple of tours, some drycleaning, a visit to the salon and <poof> no more OBC. So, depending on the amount of your OBC and the length of your first seqment, it might not be a concern :)

Thanks, Salacia. We are doing a TA Eastbound, then a 3 day European trip, then TA Westbound. Even with QG wine pricing, and no excursions, I cannot see getting throught the OBC credit courtesy amount in one segment. I will approach Cunard through the TA and see what I can achieve. Best.

You're welcome, 22 Club. Hope you enjoy your voyage, it sounds wonderful! Best of luck on working out your OBC issues with your TA (that does seem the best route). You must have one heck of an OBC - enjoy :-)

Cheers,

Salacia

Last year I did four back to back voyages, each with its own OBC (both shareholder benefit and TA). All were used - it was like I was just on one voyage. Had just one folio from the pursers office even though I was in four different staterooms (three QGs and a Britannica). Unused OBC from the last voyage rolled over to the next. Just make sure the OBC appears early on in the voyage - don't wait till the end to check.

Hi HCrane. Just to point out the the OP isn't doing back to back voyages, which makes rolling-over OBC's problematic from an accounting standpoint. There's a three day gap between the OP's two TA voyages - so unlike your four back to back voyages, wouldn't the OP will have to settle his or her folio charges after each of the two voyages? -S.

Thanks, Salacia and hcrane. I never get off the ship and the 3 segments are continuous in the same cabin. So, hcrane's input is specially helpful and I will check with the Purser on boarding in NY, having had the TA make sure Cunard has been alerted. Best.

Thanks, Salacia and hcrane. I never get off the ship and the 3 segments are continuous in the same cabin. So, hcrane's input is specially helpful and I will check with the Purser on boarding in NY, having had the TA make sure Cunard has been alerted. Best.

Oh sorry 22 Club, my mistake. Your reference to a 3 day trip (as opposed to a 3 day voyage/cruise) caused me to think you were going to disemark and spend three days in Southampton. I was projecting; that's a vacation plan on my bucket list :)

So yes, hcrane's input is, as always, very helpful :) -S.

Hi HCrane. Just to point out the the OP isn't doing back to back voyages, which would make rolling-over OBC's problematic. There's a three day gap between the OP's two TA voyages - so unlike your four back to back voyages, wouldn't the OP will have to settle his or her folio charges after each of the two voyages? -S.

Hi Salacia - guess I thought the three day Europe trip was on the ship - maybe OP can use OBC to get some duty free before disembarking on Europe trip. OBC does tend to evaporate though - hotel charges, spa, cocktails, Internet, laundry and dry cleaning ... Oh yes, and that wine with meals:D

Hi Salacia - guess I thought the three day Europe trip was on the ship - maybe OP can use OBC to get some duty free before disembarking on Europe trip. OBC does tend to evaporate though - hotel charges, spa, cocktails, Internet, laundry and dry cleaning ... Oh yes, and that wine with meals:D

Hi hcrane, you were right! BTW, I was amazed how quickly we burned through a $1,000 OBC on an 11 night QM2 voyage last November, but then we did take a a memorable (albeit expensive) tour involving a submarine. :D

Oh, wait, I remember...I didn't use it all...there was eleven bucks credit on my final folio statement. In the future, I'm going to ask the pursar to credit any unspent OBC to the staff (i.e, request that it be added it to the H&D charge). We can do that, right?

I think it depends on the Pursers office staff. On QV Feb/Mch of this year, I did 29 day trip Hawaii/Panama Canal.

I received a "final bill" on the ship's arrival arrival in Hawaii, and found on checking that they had already billed my credit card by 9.30a.m!

So for Panama Canal 15 days had a whole new account even though I was in same cabin .

On other cruises I have always had only one bill on the last day of my trip.

I cannot tell you why things were drifferent on QV in Feb/Mch, that was just the way it was.

Archived