To Lounge or not to Lounge?

JimandStan

What I am looking for in the Main Lounge is...  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What I am looking for in the Main Lounge is...

• A Nightclub, shows are ok, but dancing is my life
    • A comfy two level lounge, I sit more than I watch or dance.
    • A true Proscenium theater, the show is the thing
    • A theater with table seating, if that means a balcony, so be it

JimandStan,

The alternative is a theater with comfortable, cushioned seats with perhaps a glass shelf on the back of each seat for placing drinks on. And most of all the alternative is a space that is commensurate in design with the rest of the ship, not with grammar school.

I like the following theater/showroom very much, and it is on the Celebrity Century, which has a GRT of only 5,0000 more than the Marina.

http://www.cruise-australia.net/celeb-centuryshowroom.jpg

The upper side balconies are very nice.

If necessary, it could be scaled down a bit for the Marina.

That is much better than what the Marina has! :D

I like the following theater/showroom very much, and it is on the Celebrity Century, which has a GRT of only 5,0000 more than the Marina..
The Celebrity Century theatre is very nice (we had been on that ship for 12 days), but there is definitely a mistake in the "5,0000" figure. Perhaps it should be 5,000?

The Celebrity Century theatre is very nice (we had been on that ship for 12 days), but there is definitely a mistake in the "5,0000" figure. Perhaps it should be 5,000?

Yes, definitely added an extra "0" by mistake (but I had the comma in the correct place, so perhaps you should have figured out what I meant, yes?).

I like all the C-class theaters/showrooms (don't correct my spelling, as I am American!).

* C-class means Celebrity Century, Galaxy and Mercury.

I like the following theater/showroom very much, and it is on the Celebrity Century, which has a GRT of only 5,0000 more than the Marina.

http://www.cruise-australia.net/celeb-centuryshowroom.jpg

The upper side balconies are very nice.

If necessary, it could be scaled down a bit for the Marina.

Yes, the C class does have very comfortable showrooms. although I think that Cunard has nicer (more private) balconies.

Queen-Elizabeth-Royal-Court-Theatre.jpg

Their idea of assigning specific theater balconies to the occupants of the larger suites also makes for a more leisurely cruise experience.

Yes, the C class does have very comfortable showrooms. although I think that Cunard has nicer (more private) balconies.

Queen-Elizabeth-Royal-Court-Theatre.jpg

Their idea of assigning specific theater balconies to the occupants of the larger suites also makes for a more leisurely cruise experience.

Actually, I disagree with you on both counts. I like the balcony seating on the C-class of Celebrity much better than Cunard, since the side seats still face the stage on Celebrity as opposed to facing more into the room as in Cunard, and I don't think it is a more leisurely cruise experience for the majority of patrons of the shows on Cunard when the top suites get the fancy balconies.

The bulk of the seats in the Cunard picture you uploaded are horrible, just like the movie theater seating on the Marina. No place for drinks at all.

I do like the balcony middle section of Cunard, since those face the stage directly. I concede that the balconies seem to be more private, although it appears that more than one cabin's occupants would be seated per box.

Archived