Calling all past Freedom W. Carib itinerary cruisers.....

DebBrown

I'm not sure if this is a misprint or what BUT.....

I am looking at the Fun Times from the Freedom this past January and they have the muster drill listed on Monday, Key West Day instead of Sunday, the day the ship departs.

Mind you, having seen Titanic countless times AND knowing the muster drill by heart, I think I could get off the ship if it was sinking but not so sure about first time cruisers??? I just thought it was odd and wondering if that is indeed the case or again, just a misprint.

On all the cruises I have been on muster drill was just before sailing with one exception. When we sailed on the Spirit it was Superbowl Sunday and they delayed muster drill till the next day so it wouldn't interfere with the game. There may have been a similar reason for the delay on the cruise that you saw the Fun times for.

They have a "make-up" muster drill for any pax who may have missed the initial one - being that Key West is the day it sounds like they have a muster drill for anyone who may have missed the ship but gets on in Key West.

I'm not sure if this is a misprint or what BUT.....

I am looking at the Fun Times from the Freedom this past January and they have the muster drill listed on Monday, Key West Day instead of Sunday, the day the ship departs.

Mind you, having seen Titanic countless times AND knowing the muster drill by heart, I think I could get off the ship if it was sinking but not so sure about first time cruisers??? I just thought it was odd and wondering if that is indeed the case or again, just a misprint.

...By international law, a passenger muster drill must be conducted by the ship within 24 hours of departure

Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muster_drill

Archived