Disney Magic vs RCCL Liberty of the Seas

bunny

Please help us make a decision. We currently have 2 cruises booked for this Thanksgiving- a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic and a 5 night Western on the Liberty. On the Magic we could only get an inside guaranty. On the Liberty we have an aft balcony. We have already sailed 3 times on Disney- 1 Magic and 2x on the Wonder. If we do the Liberty we will spend a few days before in Orlando at the parks.

I am leaning toward the Liberty. My oldest is 13 and I think he would enjoy it more. My husband is leaning toward the Magic. He loves Disney and is afraid the RCCL ship will not have a family atmosphere. He also thinks a 7 day cruise will be more relaxing.

Can anyone who has recently been on both the Disney ships and a large Royal Caribbean ship compare them for me? Also my youngest son who is 8 doesn't like to go into the kids clubs. One of the things I loved about the Disney cruise is that there were a lot of family activites we could do together even at night. Will we have a problem on the Liberty?

You have already sailed Disney 3 times, so don't you want to try something else?

A balcony on Liberty of the Seas verses an inside on Disney Magic - no comparison :eek: - none. Especially if you have already done the Disney ships 3 times - time to move on. ;)

You said your youngest doesn't like the kids clubs. My kids didn't like the Disney kids clubs either but I have to drag them from the RCI kids clubs. So you might have a different experience on a different cruise line.

I always say the same thing about our experiences on Disney verses our experiences on NON-Disney ships. When my kids are 1 of a 1,000 kids - like they are on a Disney ship - they aren't very special.

When my kids are on a RCI ship, they are DOTED on. Everyone knows their name. From our cabin attendant to the cabin attendant up the hall. Everyone goes out of their way to address the kids. On Disney it is never like that.

Archived