Castaway Cay - Dream vs Magic

gubbs74

Has anyone been on Castaway Cay on the Dream and another time on the Magic? With the difference in the number of people each ship can hold, do you notice a difference the crowds? We were there on the Dream in May and it wasn't bad at all. The family beach was the busiest area, but people were spread out so much on the rest of the island, it didn't feel busy or crowded to me. My wife and I were talking about a cruise on the Magic this time around and were wondering if people notice the difference between the two ship capacities. Thanks!

We've been there on all three ships. We did notice the larger number of people with Dream; for example, there are a lot more lounges on the family beach than previously, and virtually every one was in use. However, it was not "crazy crowded" - - the new areas really help spread folks out pretty nicely.

I agree with the other posters. We were on the Magic last September, and the Dream (B2B) in May. The only beach that seem full was the first family beach in May, if you go further down to the new Pelican Plunge Beach (second tram stop), there were less crowds. Drinks, restrooms, bars were near, and Cookies Too seemed a lot less crowded than Cookies by the family beach.

Archived