Carnival Freedom Deck and Room Suggestion help

CB42

We are planning on booking a cruise on the Freedom this coming January and are going to book a Balcony room and need some deck suggestions help since we haven't sailed on this ship before. Also which is better, Mid ship or Aft? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks

We are planning on booking a cruise on the Freedom this coming January and are going to book a Balcony room and need some deck suggestions help since we haven't sailed on this ship before. Also which is better, Mid ship or Aft? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks

I am a huge Lido deck fan, it's a great location! So nice to be able to walk right out to the fun and also it's nice and close so you can use your own bathroom if need be. It's a very quiet area and there isn't a lot of traffic, mainly just those staying in cabins there.

The Empress aft deck worked fine for me since I tend to use the stairs on cruises to make up for the food consumed! Two flights up to the Lido deck and 3 flights down for dinner. Nothing too exhausting :).

We loved the Empress deck as well...stayed in cabin 7389. Perfect location for us...very quiet and we use the stairss only on cruises too...offsets all those calories! Straight shot up 2 decks to the Lido buffet and adult pool area. Our cabin was close to the laundry facilities too.

Empress Deck... it's quiet. There are passenger cabins both above and below you. On the Upper Deck you risk being above one of the lounges with live music (been there...) and on the Verandah Deck you risk being below the Lido Deck pool area where folk are constantly scraping deck chairs about right over you head.

You might also consider the Lido Deck or Panorama Deck. Great cabins and very close to the action but also quite far forward.

Regarding midship v. aft... are you motion sensitive? If so, midships.

:)

We just came off of the Freedom last week! Wonderful, fantastic, fun times! We were on deck 8, aft (8426):

Pros: One flight of stairs to walk right into the restaurants, pizzeria, and adult pool and hot tubs on the lido deck. Very easy to find your way around.

Cons: Chair scraping overhead into all hours of the evening (and morning). I felt more movement than on other cruises (which doesn't bother me, I actually kind of enjoy it), and loud vibrations each day you get into port. Loud and bothersome enough to wake you from a deep sleep.

I also noticed that the hallways on the lower decks were much wider which made it easier to walk through. Possibly because the staterooms on these decks are smaller??? Just a thought!

Hope you have a great time!

Empress deck- cat 8B 7411 across from white area which is where the fire door is stored. (no across the hall neighbor making noise trying to get into the cabin.

Easy access to stairs / elevators. Up two decks for food down two decks for entertainment.

Archived