Our Crazy MAGICal Disney Cruise!

karajeboo

This was the first night I think, that I asked Dobo, "what am I eating tonight?" And he told me. I went with his recommendation each night BUT tonight I also added the blue cheese and asparagus risotto because it just sounded so good!

And it was!!!! I have attempted (and halfway succeeded!) in making the wild mushroom risotto since we've gotten home, but I have yet to try the blue cheese and asparagus risotto. It was one of my favorites of the whole cruise!!!!! And I have no photo.......

I also ordered the Smoked Salmon and Trout with Goat Cheese Salad

On Baby Greens, with Toasted Almonds and a Cranberry-Balsamic Vinegar Dressing.....

ImportedPhotos00286.jpg

For our entrees, I honestly cannot remember what we ordered!!!! I'm sorry!

ImportedPhotos00288.jpg

ImportedPhotos00287.jpg

As we sat in the dining room, we noticed it "changing." The walls gained some color, the black and white sketches on the walls turned colors, and then came to life in animation form.

ImportedPhotos00290.jpg

Pretty soon, it was time for "the show....."

This was the most "animated" we had seen Ally since being scared off by cruise ship drink prices!!!!! FINALLY she was back to being ALLY! That Mickey sure has a way, huh?

When the show was over, the servers all came out and their vests had "magically" changed colors!!!! They had come to life just like the lithographs on the walls!!!! Yea Dobo and Willy!

Speaking of Willy, it wouldn't be dinner without a magic trick.....

ImportedPhotos00295.jpg

After Ally's tummy problems, we decided to call it a night shortly after dinner, and head back to our cabin.

This is one thing we are trying differently next cruise, no late dinner seating. I really liked the idea, that we didn't have to rush after days in port, we could take our time getting ready for dinner each day, but that's really not true. At least not if you want to catch the shows, because if you have late dinner seating, then your showtime is the same as the early dinner seating. So you don't save any time at all.

And by eating so late, we were so stuffed that we were sleepy right after dinner, and the thought of going "out" was just too much.....

Yeah, those wild McSparklesons needed their "eatin pants" so they could just stretch out that elastic and keep going......

Plus, two days of fun in the sun all day, and we needed to hit the hay early for our first port the next morning. I'm not gonna kid you, I was really excited to see land......

As usual, I was rocked to sleep by Captain John. Wait, that didn't sound quite right..... just don't tell Jeff, but Captain John really rocked my world! rotfl2.gif So much so that he put me to sleep almost right away!!!!

The next morning, it was barely light when I rolled over and found Jeff gone again. That man just cannot sleep in on vacation! He was gone, somewhere up on deck watching us come into St Maarten. My camera was gone so I figured he'd gone all Ansel Adams on me.....

All I know is that he came back with coffee......

I went out on the balcony and saw this......

ImportedPhotos00193.jpg

ImportedPhotos00192.jpg

And of course I LOVE to watch the other ships, it's kind of like circling the airport and watching all the other planes coming in to land.... well, except that we are on water and not in the air......

ImportedPhotos00320.jpg

ImportedPhotos00195.jpg

ImportedPhotos00194.jpg

ImportedPhotos00312.jpg

ImportedPhotos00309.jpg

ImportedPhotos00306.jpg

ImportedPhotos00327.jpg

ImportedPhotos00329.jpg

Now one thing I discovered, on this my very first cruise..... arriving in port is both beautiful, and not so much. As you first glimpse the island, it is breathtaking, until you get a bit closer and realize that this is a working port. They are receiving more than just excited Americans on cruise ships.

They are also receiving milk from Wisconsin, beef from Kansas City, corn from Nebraska, etc..... but this port is not just for tourists, which explains all the containers and the not so pretty barges you see out at sea, waiting for the goofballs with Mickey ears to debark so they can come in and complete business......

We quickly got showered so we could touch land again.... and poor Ally once again was terrified that we would embarass her. OK, so I told her I was going to kiss the ground when we got off the ship, is that so wrong????

Actually, because Jeff and I had decided to check out Orient Beach, and we read that this is very EUROPEAN, being on the FRENCH side of the island, we thought we'd leave Ally on the ship and come back and get her later.

So we dropped her off at the Oceaneer's Lab and the first thing Lise said when she saw Ally was, "Oh, look, it's our DIS kid!" Now either ALLY made herself known, or DISboards is that well known!

ImportedPhotos00330.jpg

OK, here's my take on St Maarten. It is divided right down the middle between the French side (on the north) and the Dutch side (on the south). Our port, in Phillipsburg, was on the Dutch side, at the southernmost point of St Maarten.

There ya go.... Geography 101 from Karajeboo U. You are officially a graduate.

ImportedPhotos00334.jpg

ImportedPhotos00332.jpg

ImportedPhotos00333.jpg

I reserved a Jeep Wrangler convertible for the day from Panoramic Car Rental. I found this place online and it came highly recommended. They advised to stay away from national car rental agencies in the Caribbean because they were not supported by the chain and they were known for ripping off tourists. Well.......

When I made the reservation, they said they would drop the car off at the port, since they did not have a place on site. Well........

We wandered around near the car rental huts. Yes, huts, as they were all side by side by side, just outside the port. And no sign of Panoramic. So I asked someone and they said, "Who?" Well.......

So we walked to the entrance to the port and asked the guard. He said, that they would bring the car to us, and we just needed to wait there. Well.....

So we waited.... and waited... and waited. No sign of Panoramic.

So I headed back to one of the huts, Rodeal Rental, and told them we had been stood up. I told them I would NOT pay any more than what I was quoted by Panoramic but I would rent from them if they'd match the price.

See, I'm the master negotiator in my family. Sort of. I like to THINK I'm the master negotiator in my family.

But I got a 4 door Jeep convertible for $10 more than the 2 door I was quoted by Panoramic. So I was happy. The whole transaction took about 5 minutes and we were out the door.

And I highly recommend paying the extra $30 for the insurance on the vehicle. I worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car for 3 1/2 years, and while I never take the additional coverage when renting locally (it's purely a moneymaker for the car rental companies), I always take it if I'm unsure of an area, or I'm only renting for a day...... It's worth it to be able to turn in the car and walk away, without involving your insurance company and having to pay the deductible on the spot.

And let's just say I was VERY unsure of this area, and while Jeff was the only one who drove, we were both white knuckling it several times.....

Our friends gave us a map and walked around the car with us, took the top off, and off we went!

Now for a little Sociology 101..... the people of St Maarten are true Caribbean people. Full of personality and so friendly.... I have been to Jamaica twice and St Maarten reminds me so much of that area in the way the people behave. Love them!!!

They have the same "No problem" attitude. Like when we asked for directions to Orient Beach. They outlined the directions on the map, and told us to follow the main road. And then we discovered.....

NO STREET SIGNS!!!!

So we followed traffic. Because on the map, the main road would indeed lead us to Orient Beach, yet the "main" road, was the equivalent of an alley to Americans......

And it was hilly. Or mountainous. OK, if you are from Colorado, it was hilly. When you have spent the last 3 years living in Florida, it was mountainous. And Jeff was not digging driving.

I, on the other hand, was having a ball!!!!!

ImportedPhotos00338.jpg

ImportedPhotos00337.jpg

Beef, it's what's for dinner.....Hmmmm, guess they don't need that ship from Kansas City after all! Not that the ship comes all the way from Kansas City, I hear the port there is too small....

ImportedPhotos00335.jpg

More Sociology 101. St Maarten is a very poor country, but because of the people, your heart doesn't ache for them. Again reflecting on my time in Jamaica, the attitude is "I wake up to blue sky and blue seas right outside my door, what's to worry about?" As long as they have food for their next meal, they are happy.

They don't worry about their 401K, or planning their next vacation. They don't aspire to that house on the hill, or a country club membership. They have their families, and their health, and food on the table. We could learn a lot from people in the Caribbean.

But you are graduates of Karajeboo U so you are some edumacated folks!!!

As we drove along the narrow roads of St Maarten, on our way to Orient Bay, we kept smelling a "burning" smell coming from the car. Not good. And the brake light kept coming on. Not good either.

But doggone it, I made a DEAL with my friend at Acme Car Rental!!! He wouldn't give me a bum car!!!

No, he didn't, my husband, a licensed drive for about 25 years, was driving with the emergency brake on. Yeah.

It's amazing how much better a Jeep rides up and down the moutains of the Caribbean WITHOUT the emergency brake on. Just sayin......

Soon we saw the itty bitty teeny weeny sign directing us to Orient Bay. We made the turn and came into a parking lot where we were able to park right up by the beach.

Now I did do a lot of reading about cars being broken into around the beaches, and I was a bit concerned. But since this was not my car, it didn't have 6 pairs of sunglasses, $7.38 in change, a couple of granola bar wrappers, a wet moldy pool towel, one shoe, and half a mint stuck to the carpet. Even if it WAS my car, I'm sure THOSE things wouldn't be in there either!!!! WEll, maybe the mint.....

But I guess my point is that all we had to do was grab our beach bag, lock it up, and go. No reason for anyone to break into the car so I wasn't worried. And no, this is NOT foreshadowing, so do not lose any sleep wondering if the McSparklesons had to file a police report in St Maarten. They did not. But thank you for your concern.......

We stepped onto the beach and grabbed a couple of chairs not too far from the parking lot. We laid out our towels (which thanks to DISboards we knew to grab from the ship before left!), applied sunscreen, and stretched out to relax and....

"Do you want to sit in these chairs?"

Jeff: Uh, yes?

St Maarten beach chair ****: $5 each, 2 for $10 (he was a GENIUS!!!) or $15 for both chairs AND two rum punches. (Now THAT is McSparkleson Math!!!!)

Jeff: Oh, we have to pay for the chairs?

St Maarten beach chair ****: Yes. $5 each, 2 for $10 or $15 for both chairs and two rum punches.

Jeff: Well, I guess we'll take the rum punches.

St Maarten beach chair ****: You want the chairs too?

Jeff: Uh, yes?

No, dude, gimme the rum punches for $15 and I'll plop my heiney on the sand and after two or three of those rum punches I won't even MISS the chair, right?

Doofus. But a happy doofus. Cause he lives in the Caribbean. Go back and study the previous lesson from Sociology 101.

And sure enough, he gave us tickets which we took to the "snack bar" and redeemed for the rum punches. But since it was only about 9:30 am we thought we should wait.

So back to the relaxing part......

Who couldn't relax when this was spread out in front of them?

ImportedPhotos00347.jpg

ImportedPhotos00343.jpg

ImportedPhotos00344.jpg

ImportedPhotos00353.jpg

Now as much as I love St Maarten, and I do, when Jeff said, "Let's go out in the water" I thought, really? And just leave all our stuff on the beach?

Sure! Why not? Well, I'll tell you why not, because my camera is there in that beach bag, our PASSPORTS are there, our keys to get back on the ship, and our tickets for RUM PUNCH!!!! That's why!

Needless to say, we didn't go play in the water. I think it was the rum punch tickets.

But really, when you think about it, everyone on that beach had a passport. Nobody was from there, we were all visiting from the cruise ships, so an unattended bag would be like GOLD! I just couldn't take the chance.

Speaking of rum punch tickets.....

ImportedPhotos00355.jpg

Time to redeem...... Cause (sing it with me!!!!), It's 5:00 somewhere.......

ImportedPhotos00354.jpg

We sipped our punch for a bit, and then decided to start packing up and walk down the beach before leaving.....

ImportedPhotos00340.jpg

Absolutely beautiful beach!!!

It got a bit more crowded as we walked down the beach. I think the tiny little parking lot by Pedro's was not the main parking area, but I'm glad we found it (the turnoff to go to the butterfly garden) because the part of the beach where we sat was MUCH less crowded.

ImportedPhotos00350.jpg

ImportedPhotos00352.jpg

Now if you are wondering about Waldo, let me just tell you the game we played, and not until we came home from our trip and started organizing photos.....

Since au natural sunbathing is allowed on Orient Bay Beach, we did see a few who chose to go home with no tan lines, but it was nothing that freaked us out or caused us to say, "OMG look at THAT!!!"

And then there was Waldo.

Who seemed to show up in MANY of our photos!!! But not to the degree that ANYONE has spotted him yet. But we see him. We know where he is. Do you?

We took our leave of Orient Bay, seriously one of the most beautifuly beaches I've ever seen, despite Waldo......

We knew we had about a 30 minute drive back to the ship and I think that once we came down the moutain, and saw the port in the distance, I finally relaxed. I did not like leaving Ally on the ship in a strange land, but now that I did it and everything turned out okay, I would do it again.

We parked the car and headed back to pick Ally up in the Oceaneer's Lab so we could head into Phillipsburg for lunch.

As soon as we walked into the Lab and saw here, and the 2 or 3 other LITTLE children there, we knew.....

"Don't EVER do that to me again!" Not a very exciting time I guess?

Ally was glad to escape and we were glad to have her with us for the rest of the day!

ImportedPhotos00363.jpg

Now when we picked up Ally, the counselors at the Lab told us about a place we should eat, called the "Blue (I can't say the word) Bar" - ????? She kept saying it just like that, complete with "I can't say the word because this is a Disney ship."

OK, yeah, we'll look for it......

We chose to drive to downtown PHillipsburg, something I would NOT do again. We ended up in a parking lot SOOOO far, we might as well have walked from the ship. And it IS within walking distance..... Live and learn, right?

But Ally wanted to ride in the Jeep, so we drove.

Well, I know that if she doesn't get into an Ivy League school, she can always go to Gangsta U......

ImportedPhotos00415.jpg

Walking from the parking lot to the main boardwalk area of PHillipsburg....

ImportedPhotos00366.jpg

Now this is another reason I loved St Maarten - such a cute cute cute shopping district!!!!

ImportedPhotos00413.jpg

ImportedPhotos00412.jpg

After we passed through the district, we found the boardwalk with shopping and dining to the right, and the harbor to the left.

We found the "Blue Bxxxx Bar" and had our AHA moment. Disney employees, female dog slang. OK, we get it. But they said the food was REALLY good so......

"Well, guess y'all win Parents of the Year Award for bringing me here."

"Hush and drink your milkshake in the souvenier mug with the name of the restaurant so you can show all your friends when we get home."

ImportedPhotos00376.jpg

Two great things happened here. First and foremost, I discovered the guavaberry.... AHHHHHHHHHH! As in the guavaberry colada. It is basically a pina colada made with guavaberry liquor. 2DIE4!!!!

When I asked our server for something "unique to St Maarten" I had no idea I'd be ready to sell my house in SC so I could move to St Maarten JUST FOR THE GUAVABERRY COLADAS!!!! Yes, they are THAT good!!!!

Frozen Heaven in a mug.....

ImportedPhotos00374.jpg

We didn't want anything too heavy so we just split some nachos and some shrimp and onion rings.

ImportedPhotos00378.jpg

ImportedPhotos00379.jpg

I'm embarassed to admit that the nachos were some of the best I've ever had! Or maybe it was the 2 guavaberry coladas?????

Oh, and did I mention the view from our new happy place?

ImportedPhotos00371.jpg

ImportedPhotos00369.jpg

Now those of you who know me, know that I like to entertain myself...... even in a beautiful Caribbean island, drinking the most amazing guavaberry colada.......

And it always helps me if I get a little assistance from those around me. Particularly a family that is just waaaaay too put together.

I mean, we are in t-shirts and swimsuits, right? Cause we are gonna hit the beach. Most everyone else is also in t-shirts or beach coverups. Because we are right near the port, which means that if you are in the Blue Female Dog Bar, you are either just off a cruise ship, or you work there, right?

Then, there are the Von Trapps. The most beautiful family I saw on St Maarten.

I'm sure that Sister Maria was busy back on their ship getting their matching outfits ready for their next port of call. Because she did a wonderful job getting them ready for St Maarten.

And I'm wondering if she was waiting just outside the restaurant with blow dryer and brushes, as well? Because there is no way these people walked in off the beach this way.

Mother and father, both beautiful blondes, neither one looking old enough (or stressed enough) to have the 4 beautiful children they had. Of course, having Sister Maria as a governess would help quite a bit......

The oldest daughter looked to be about 14 and was the picture of the perfect eldest daughter. Quick to assist her younger siblings with a smile. Then came the next daughter of around 12. Now this was no Jan Brady crying, "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" She was just as beautiful as her older sister and seemingly just as perfect.

Next was a young lad (cause this wasn't just any "boy") of about 10 who was eager to please and be the man of the house. He had the straightest part of any head I've ever seen...... And the youngest child, another boy of about 8, was just as perfectly coiffed as his siblings.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if this perfect family didn't plan these children exactly 2 years apart. It would make for quite a quadruple birthday party each year......

Sadly, I will need to repeat a couple photos so you can see the Von Trapps......

Here is young Biff making memories while Muffy and Buffy and Dirk enjoy the views behind him. I believe young Biff is capturing Mother and Father on camera.

ImportedPhotos00370.jpg

You will notice that Muffy, Buffy, Biff and Dirk all sat prim as can be at a table by themselves. Mother and Father enjoyed a cocktail at the bar. Now, in most normal families, you couldn't leave 4 children alone at a table, especially that close to the edge of a balcony for fear that the fighting would surely cause one or more to fly over the edge. At the very least there would be food thrown from one or more plates. Right?

But it finally hit me. I know why Mother and Father were at the bar. This was their only time alone with the 4 children without the governess!!! That's it!

And my dear sweet husband knew how much the Von Trapps meant to me.... and he captured them forever.....

OK, who am I kidding? I loved this family!!!! They were well behaved, handsome, and provided some quality entertainment as I sat with my unmatched, stringy haired, smelly, belching family. And as they all posed lovingly for photos, I smiled sweetly as Jeff looked at Ally and said, "pull my finger." Ah, memories.....

And before we leave the Blue Female Dog Bar, I must show you the lovely view we enjoyed as we ate, in addition to the Von Trapps.....

We soon left the bar and headed across the boardwalk to pop a squat on the beach. I was quite amazed that we were not charged for these chairs, and they were much more comfortable than those at Orient Bay. The big difference we noticed here in Phillipsburg was the color of the water.

Imagine a Caribbean blue infused with ship oil. OK, not that bad, but I know this was not the cleanest beach with the ships right there. But there was something about the HUGE beach, the free chairs, and the beautiful Disney Magic right in my line of sight at all times.

I guess I'm not a big beach "snob." So if I went back to St Maarten tomorrow, I would skip Orient Bay and just relax right here in Phillipsburg. It's actually only about a 15 minute walk from the port (it took us that long just to find a parking space!!!!), and there are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, beach chairs.......

ImportedPhotos00408.jpg

ImportedPhotos00401.jpg

One of my favorite photos of the trip! Yes, I'm a ship snob, and our ship was the prettiest of them all! Oh yeah, that kid in front I kinda like, too......

ImportedPhotos00382.jpg

After gathering up our things, hosing the oil off our bodies, we began the trek back to the parking lot. And I really think that if Ally and I had walked back to the ship, we could have beat Jeff driving....... But since we had to return the Jeep......

But first, Ally had to make a pit stop. No. She could not wait. Unlike the Von Trapp kids who could oh so gracefully just squeeze their legs together until they came upon a respectable ladies room.

Not my child. She had to go. NOW!

So I see a sign that said "Public Restoom." Cha ching!!!! Right?

WRONG!!!!

First of all, there was a woman standing out front, holding a basket, asking for "donations." Well, the donation I WANTED to leave her may have been inappropriate. So we left $1. To pee.

In Phillispburg you can lay on the beach for free. But it will cost you $1 to pee.

When in all actuality she should have paid US to use these facilities!!!

When we walked into the "cave" the ceiling were no higher than 7 feet. Maybe lower.

And twisting and turning through a maze, a very dark and gloomy maze, depsite the white painted walls.

To see this ahead of us. A hole in the wall. With bars on the door......

ImportedPhotos00410.jpg

I had no idea that we really WERE with Pirates IN the Caribbean!!!! And that is where they were going to toss us!!!! All because I made a little fun of a perfect family!!!! Oh, Von Trapps I'm so sorry!!! I take it all back.... well, maybe not ALL of it.....

Oh what would my family think!!! I don't wanna go to pirate jail!!!! And to think what they would do to a McSparkleson in the pokey!!!! NOOOOO!

I didn't even see a dog roaming around with the keys (cause dogs like me so I could've coaxed him over I'm sure!).

But alas, the "ladies" room was just before the slammer on the left. So in we ducked........

And surprisingly, it was fairly clean. Or at least squat worthy..... Cause you know there are some that aren't even that clean. You are afraid of what might jump up on you if you even come close, right????

Which reminds me, I need to clean my bathrooms today. But I digress.....

And of course, Ally decided to get her money's worth. Because I waited. And paced. And waited. And paced.

To this day I have no idea what that child did in there, and I don't really want to know. But I think she left a little McSparkleson behind in St Maarten......

Finally out of the brigg, not to look back......

ImportedPhotos00409.jpg

We came out and Jeff was like, "Seriously? I was about to come in after you but I was afraid what THAT would have cost me to enter!"

We got back to drop off the Jeep and then walked around the port area for a little while. Pretty soon the bottom fell out of the sky, but luckily we were right near a guavaberry hut, so.......

ImportedPhotos00416.jpg

Nope. Didn't even notice the rain. What rain?

We trotted down the pier to board the Magic, barely noticing the drizzle that was still falling, and off to get ready for Pirate Night. For which I came very ready.

Of course I did. I'm a McSparkleson! We wrote the boy scout manual!!!!

But first, up on deck for sail away. I. Love. Sail Away! No matter where we were, I loved watching the ship oh so slowly pull away from the dock and slowly move back out into the sea. It was a very calming feeling.

It's like when you are leaving a packed sports stadium and everyone is pushing and shoving, and then suddenly you get to your car get on the freeway and you feel like you have all the room in the world.

It's like that. Sort of. Only the other ships in port aren't really pushing and shoving (cause that would be a BAD thing!), and once you get out to sea you don't see any other ships (try that on a city freeway - with your car, not a ship, cause I would certainly hope there are no ships on a city freeway!). Wait. Now I'm confused.......

Oh yeah, sail away.

ImportedPhotos00417.jpg

And for some reason, it looks like the sun just went down REALLY fast. And it may have. I know those guavaberry coladas went down fast. Maybe there is a connection?

ImportedPhotos00420.jpg

ImportedPhotos00419.jpg

After we waved goodbye to St Maarten, and it really was kind of sad, because who knows when we will be back, we headed back to our cabin to get ready for Pirate Night. Aarrgghh!

Now remember, we be pirates, so you MUST talk like a pirate now. K?

Ta da!!!!

ImportedPhotos00435.jpg

Well shiver me timbers! Me thinks that son of a biscuit eater Jeff don't be likin his new pirate duds!

ImportedPhotos00430.jpg

Tonight there was no show, just a movie, so we took our time getting ready. And you thought we just popped out of the shower looking all pirate like? No, that took some work!

And just when we thought we had it all together, Jeff decided to head back to the cabin to grab a drink.

Well, blow me down! Who is that standing up on thar balcony???

It's that ole scaliwag Captain Jack Sparrow......

C'mon Ally, let's goooooooo!

While waiting in line, I kept adjusting myself here and there. Ally was so afraid I would embarass her because she knows how much I LOVE me some Capt Jack!

And of course, being a Mcsparkleson...... I did not disappoint.

K: Captain Jack! Do you remember me? We shared a moment. Magic Kingdom? 2008? Pirate and Princess party? Remember?

CJ (slurring): Ah, yes..... vaguely.

K: It was a beautiful moment. Just you, and me. And the thousands of others you saw that night. But I'm sure you remember me, right?

CJ (slurring): Mmmm hmmmm. How bout a photo to commemorate that night.....

K: Well certainly! Can my daughter join us?

Ally (arms crossed, frown on face): Gee thanks.

CJ (slurring and eyeing my drink): Is that rum?

K: Well yes it is. Rum and diet coke!

CJ: Well, off with you now.....

K: I'll wait for you when the ship docks!!!!! Bye Captain Jack!

Ally: Mama, Let's GO!

ImportedPhotos00421.jpg

I'm not sure, but there may have been applause from the rest in line. I know the CM with CJ really enjoyed it......

Ally, however, did NOT enjoy it. As soon as she saw Jeff, she ran up to him and proclaimed that I was no longer her mother. She had disowned me.

Then while standing in line for photos with Mickey , I kept waving up to Capt Jack, who was still doing meet and greet right near the railing upstairs.

I think he moved over so he could watch me. He was jealous. Of Jeff. And Mickey. I'm sure of it.

Jeff then pointed to me. Pushed me away, and mouthed, "you can have her."

See? There was no need for a show this night when the McSparklesons were on board. We entertained all.

ImportedPhotos00423.jpg

Have I mentioned before how much I loved the characters? How intimate the meet and greets are (not intimate enough with CJ, if ya know what I mean!)? Here was Stitch, never one of my favorites, but I loved him on this cruise!

ImportedPhotos00426.jpg

He played with Ally for the longest time!!!! She was cracking up!

And then of course, there was "HER." She keeps trying to move in, doesn't she.....

ImportedPhotos00438.jpg

HA! I didn't see Captain Jack waving to HER!!!!

Up next..... good eats on Pirate Night!

I love your storytelling technique! I have to admit I didn't read every word, but your mix of narrative and photos, along with your wry sense of humor and love of alcohol (which you and I share) really made your tales come alive! Thanks so much, and I'm now looking forward that much more to my cruise aboard the Magic in just over a month!

Great read, I'm at work and you actually kept me very entertained passed the time quickly. Were also going on our first cruise and I feel that same panic you did, I hope mine passes as well I imagine myself freaking out in bed at night. Can't wait to read the rest

I know that our seas the entire cruise were very smooth. I think I could handle a little more, but if we were really rockin and rollin (no thanks to my dear Captain John! ;)) I would still freak out. But when I got home from the cruise Jeff had to smack me a couple times because I was actually rocking myself to sleep in bed!!!!!

Wow Karajeboo I am really enjoying your review. You are very entertaining. I laughed out loud several times! I look forward to the rest of the review.

Just don't drink anything, don't want you to mess up your monitor..... just sayin....:p

OK you are now my new BFF (in my head) :D. I never laughed so hard. I felt like I was listening to one of my girlfriends. Hilarious! I hope you have more. Please continue.

BFF!!!!!! Love ya, mean it! ;)

I'm really enjoying reading about your cruise. Looking forward to more.

Thank you! There is lots more to come!

Great photos and review of your trip. Thanks for sharing. So far sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Cant wait to read more

I have to admit, this much I have copied from a trip report I've been writing on another board..... but I'm caught up so now it will be a little bit at a time.....

I love your storytelling technique! I have to admit I didn't read every word, but your mix of narrative and photos, along with your wry sense of humor and love of alcohol (which you and I share) really made your tales come alive! Thanks so much, and I'm now looking forward that much more to my cruise aboard the Magic in just over a month!

I'm so jealous!!!! We are booked for our second DCL cruise onboard the Magic next March, but then we are looking at RCCL FOTS. Really want something we can drive to.... which means Port Canaveral, New Orleans, Charleston....... Maybe Tampa. But FOTS looks awesome and despite there being no Mickey (or Captain Jack......), I think we would love it just the same!

What a great review! Your sense of humor and writing is just great. I'm also reading at work and have to remember not to laugh out loud too loud. Sure makes the day goes faster. Reading Hollybelle's review and now yours, really makes me want to take a Disney cruise although I would sure miss the casino. Looking forward to the rest.

What a great review! Your sense of humor and writing is just great. I'm also reading at work and have to remember not to laugh out loud too loud. Sure makes the day goes faster. Reading Hollybelle's review and now yours, really makes me want to take a Disney cruise although I would sure miss the casino. Looking forward to the rest.

Hollybelle's??? Where is that review? I've read her review on the Princess board and then her WDW reviews on their boards. Where can I find her latest?

Thank you! I had an update written, after over an hour and *POOF* AT&T decided to play the internet **** - "no streaming for you!" For some stupid reason I did not save as I went today.... stupid me!

This is an AWESOME trip report! Love your writing style and your humor!!! Can't wait to hear more!

You will hear more.... if I'm smart enough not to let AT&T get to me! I've been battling them for months and they just can't figure out why we get such disrupted service here when my neighbors have no issues..... :mad:

"Have I mentioned before how much I loved the characters? How intimate the meet and greets are (not intimate enough with CJ, if ya know what I mean!)? Here was Stitch, never one of my favorites, but I loved him on this cruise!

ImportedPhotos00426.jpg

He played with Ally for the longest time!!!! She was cracking up!"

Can't wait for the rest of the review, great job of mixing pics / videos in with the commentaries. Yes I cried when my dd was too old for the Princesses, but she found Stitch and CJ so even at 20 she still gets excited seeing those characters. More depressing she will legally old enough to drink when we board the Magic :( next year. The bar tab will be higher will need to leave bread crumbs on the ground so we can find our way back to the cabin at night.

My first cruise I had the stay feelings of rocking and being in lock down mode but after the first stop and we could kiss the ground everything was good.

Going on the Magic next year June 30, 2012 out of NYC it is a little bit longer drive from SC to FL but our cruise will be amazing with the McSparklesons on board.

Archived