Past Guest & Fun Saver Rates

Chowder_17

For my last two cruises, I've booked under the "Early Saver" rate b/c I was a 100% sure on the details. For my next cruises with my siblings I was considering booking under one of the other rates b/c it is my understanding that the cancellation policy is more lax, worse case scenario.

Am I correct in assuming this? Thanks!

Yes you are correct. The Early Saver has more restrictions such as no name changes and a non-refundable deposit.

The past guest and fun select rates follow the basic cancellation policy to my knowledge. I recently booked a cruise with just me on the reservation and I wanted to ensure I could add someone else later so I asked about restrictions to ensure if I needed to make changes or cancel I could do so without penalty.

With Past Guest and Fun Saver rates, you can cancel up until final payment time and get a full refund. However, after final payment time, the penalties are all the same, regardless of what rate you used. I booked a rate that I could cancel for a full refund for the upcoming Dream cruise, since I booked so far out and wasn't sure at the time. Once I was more sure, I switched it over to Early Saver and received the going ES rate at the time I made the switch, which was over $100 less. One quick phone call can make that switch, but as I said, you would receive whatever the Early Saver rate is at the time you switch. If you think there's a chance of switching passengers, don't switch to Early Saver yet. ES doesn't allow that at all. You'd have to cancel the one and book the new person with a new deposit. Other rates don't have it that strict.

Archived