Tapas Bar

SheilaInAL

I will be on Costa Maya next week (March 30th). I most definitely am going to Tapas Bar because of all the wonderful reviews I've read on these boards.

Do any of you who have been to Tapas before have any suggestions or advice? (what dishes to order, etc.)

Thanks so much!

Sheila,

We will be at Tapas on the 30th also. We are on the Explorer. We are going to the ruins in the morning with Ivan and will be back at Tapas around noon. A coworker just came back from there about a month ago and had a great time at Tapas. He showed me pictures and it looks really clean and beautiful. I just saw a post on Tuesday that has a link to their website which has a copy of there menu.

Laurie

Hi Laurie!

Thank you so much for telling me about your coworker's experience at Tapas! I saw the website...everything I've seen and heard about Tapas sounds wonderful! I can't wait to go there..and that food!! Boy, that stuff looks delicious!

Have a blast on your cruise, Laurie, and if you happen to see a short (under 5 ft.), redheaded woman there, that be me! Drop by and say "hi"! :D

We enjoyed a wonderful day at Tapas over Thanksgiving. Their guacamole is wonderful as are their Strawberry Daquiris (I didn't get sick from them - think I had two - yum!). I asked for a recommendation for a massage and one of the waiters recommended Alex, as I recall. He did a great job but I was covered head to toe in baby oil afterwards! We ordered lunch after my massage. I had lobster (I understand it is out of season from March - November now, however). My husband ordered fried shrimp but they didn't take the shells off before frying them so he wasn't too happy. A bit of a mess as you can imagine.

Anyway, I would highly recommend Tapas. You'll have a very pleasant, relaxing day. We'll be back there next month.

Thanks Susie! Luckily, I won't be ordering the shrimp, as I'm not that much of a seafood eater), but the guacamole sound delicious! Will definitely have to give it a try.

The massage sounds wonderful too. After all the stress in my life lately, with a brother just returning from Iraq then having a heart attack 2 weeks after his return and having a quad bypass last week...my mom in need of heart surgery.......I need a massage! LOL!

Thanks so much for the info! Hope you enjoy your cruise when you go!

Archived