Waterproof sheets

Cshgrand

My son is just out of nappies at night and while, on the whole, it's going really well when we went away a couple of wks ago he wet every night I think because of unfamiliar surroundings.

I think he will need a waterproof sheet still - does anyone know if these can be supplied on board RCI ships or should I take my own?

Thanks, we have tried pull ups but he likens them to nappies which are 'for babies and not big boys' like him and won't keep them on.

I have found some disposable bed pads though so will prob take those - they are actually designed for geriatric care so are big!

Still 95 days left yet and we might be 100 percent there by then, you never know!!

Thanks, we have tried pull ups but he likens them to nappies which are 'for babies and not big boys' like him and won't keep them on.

I have found some disposable bed pads though so will prob take those - they are actually designed for geriatric care so are big!

Still 95 days left yet and we might be 100 percent there by then, you never know!!

Those bed pads are a good idea. They take up less room than the pullups.

I don't know about RCI, but I had a similar worry about our Disney Cruise this past March. I was told that Disney did have waterproof sheets, you just had to ask your steward. Fellow cruisers also gave me a good hint- ask your room steward for an extra set of sheets and a laundry bag just in case the pads/pull up shift and the sheets get wet. That way you can change the bed yourself in the middle of the night rather than making you son sleep in a wet bed.

Also, I just wanted to share my experience. My 6 yo son wears a pull up to bed every night and 90% of the time wets so much it will soak the pull up and the bed. I was very worried about the cruise. Turns out that since he went to bed so much later than usual, he didn't wet nearly as much, and we never once had a leak.

Archived