Air Tran is horrible!!

dmullinix

Oh but hdawson, I DID read the final NTSB report and I know that yes, indeed, the accident itself was caused by SabreTech illegally mislabled and improperly capped the oxygen cannisters. There was no question of that. I am bothered though by the websites accusation that the same plane that crashed (because of the oxygen cannisters) had several incidents in the 2 years prior to that. If the accuser is wrong, then it's on him/her and I do apologize if I am taking the accusers statements as gospel. My point was that if the accusations ARE true, then I would surely think twice about flying with them.

And yes, hdawson, I am aware that every single airline has incidents regarding mechanical and safety issues. Anyone who has ever read a book about airline crashes, researched them on the web, watched a true-to-life television movie or documentary about a specific incident, read the papers, listen to the news, can't help but know that all airlines have these incidents occurring from time to time.

I also know for a fact that Atlanta Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the nation, as I've had to go there more times than I care to remember (I'm in the South too). Thank goodness, I am able to avoid Atlanta this time around.

As for USAir? Nope, never flown them.

It's really ridiculous for us to be debating this, don't you think? After all, you are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. At no time have I questioned AirTran's crews, their training and whatnot. Really, my only issue is the supposed previous incidents that occurred with the same plane before the ValuJet crash.

And, the bottom line is, it's only my opinion of what I would or would not do. That's all it was.

Have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

New approach:

Updated: 03:31 PM EDT

JetBlue, AirTran, Southwest top service rankings

WASHINGTON, April 4 (Reuters) - JetBlue Airways , AirTran Airways , and Southwest Airlines topped an annual airline quality survey released on Monday although overall industry service declined in 2004.

Five of the top six performing airlines were low-fare carriers, according to researchers from the University of Nebraska at Omaha's aviation institute and Wichita State University.

Yep, the low fare carriers got rated very high. I have flown Air Tran and have no complaints. I thought they were better than Delta, which I usually fly, since I live in the Atlanta area.

Get a grip folks. The reality is :

All airlines have delays, all airlines overbook, all airlines cancel flights, all airlines lose luggage.

Last Friday, my Delta flight was cancelled. To say the least I was not thrilled about getting home hours later but "stuff" happens.

I also know for a fact that Atlanta Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the nation, as I've had to go there more times than I care to remember (I'm in the South too). Thank goodness, I am able to avoid Atlanta this time around.

I fly out of Atlanta. This airport is an absolute zoo! Two weeks ago they canceled many Sunday night flights because of weather. You should have seen the airport Monday morning !! Lots of college kids sleeping all over the place, lines going out the door etc.

I do feel sorry for anyone that has to connect in the Atlanta airport.

Considering the number of people and flights, I would say it is efficient but you don't want to be in that airport when something has caused delays.

The biggest complaints seems to come from people who have to change planes in Atlanta. There are no "people movers" within the terminal, only the train and a people mover below that connects each terminal. The elderly and those that have trouble walking I always feel bad for. The terminals are very long.

You know the deal. Your flight comes in at the end of one terminal and your connection is in another terminal or at the opposite end of the terminal and you only have 15 minutes to make it!!

Archived