Atlantis Slide Info

gquest

Just wanted to let you know that I emailed the Comfort Suites and also got the same answer as you--yes we can check in early so we can utilize Atlantis all day. Again, thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be getting into Nassau @ 8am. If I have a room booked at the CS, they will let us check in around 9ish?

When I book, do they need to know that is only for the day?

Our ship actually leaves early the following morning, but we would only stay until early evening on the first day.

Your comments, please.....

They will let you "pre-check" in. They won't let you in the room until regular check in time. We were there about 1 week ago and we never even went into our room. We got there early morning, did a "pre-check" in and got a paper room key with our name and information on it. We walked over to to the Atlantis to get our wristbands. There has been alot of talk on here about how many wristbands you can get for each room. Well, we found out for sure. We have a family of 5 and there was no way I was paying for 2 rooms when I was wasn't even going to use 1 room. We got 1 room and hoped to go to one towel hut and get 3 wristbands and go to another towel hut and ge 2 wristbands. This didn't work. They key in your room number and keep track of how many wristbands you get per room. I tried to play dumb at the second towel stand. The lady told me my husband already got three wristbands. I told her, "no, it should have only been 2". She wouldn't budge. She gave my son a wristband and I walked away saying that I would go find out what happened. I just kept a low profile the entire day and never got approached by security and asked why I didn't have a wristband. Have fun! It is a great place to go. The hamburgers at the little hut called the shark bite is a great deal. You can get 4 hamburgers, 2 large fries, 4 drinks for $22. It was more than we could eat and really good.

Thanks, Carter29072.

Was it easy to get a cab over to the hotel? How much did it cost?

Who did you book your room @ the CS with?

I got these three prices last night:

SmarterTravel: $212.00

Expedia: $265.00

Travelocity: $265.00

Does anyone know if SmarterTravel has any fees attached to the dollar amount they quote on their site?

Thanks !!

We took the water taxi over to the atlantis. I would recommend taking the regular taxi only because there is still a good little walk from the pier to the comfort suites. The walk to get on that boat was a good walk from the ship also. It was $3 per person plus they expect you to tip the person that tells you all about the Bahamas and the history. I couldn't understand a word he said. We were exhausted by the time we got to the comfort suites. Make sure when you take the taxi that the driver doesn't try to drop you off at the corner of the hotel and tell you that it is right around the corner. That happened to us last year and we ended up walking another block. Make him drop you off at the door of the comfort suites. We booked thru the smarter living link and it was definitely the best deal that we could find. The prices are going to fluctuate depending on the dates but we paid $188 base rate. When we checked out, we found out that they charge a $4 per person "energy charge", plus taxes. Our total for the room was 226.06. Have fun!

Thanks' date=' Carter29072.

Was it easy to get a cab over to the hotel? How much did it cost?

Who did you book your room @ the CS with?

I got these three prices last night:

SmarterTravel: $212.00

Expedia: $265.00

Travelocity: $265.00

Does anyone know if SmarterTravel has any fees attached to the dollar amount they quote on their site?

Thanks !![/quote']

SmarterTravel doesn't attach any fees, but did you factor in hotel tax and housekeeping fees that are added into your daily rate by Comfort Suites? The exact fees from Comfort Suites is posted on their website.

Yes, I see that there is tax and a housekeeping fee....as an additional charge.

I went and booked yesterday.

Just for fun...I attempted on several different sites to book at The Atlantis for the date I need. It apparently is sold out.

Thanks.... :)

The hamburgers at the little hut called the shark bite is a great deal. You can get 4 hamburgers, 2 large fries, 4 drinks for $22. It was more than we could eat and really good.

Thanks for the info on the Shark Bite. I think we will try that out.

Maggie

The hamburgers at the little hut called the shark bite is a great deal. You can get 4 hamburgers, 2 large fries, 4 drinks for $22. It was more than we could eat and really good.

Where "exactly" is this hut . . . by the myan water slide?? This would be a GREAT option for my crew!!!

We will arrive about 1 pm, with our ship leaving at 7 pm the next day - staying at the Comfort Inn, can we use Atlantis both days?

Yes you will be able to use the Atlantis facilities when you get there. I am booked next week for the day and I called the hotel and asked them if they would let us go over and get our wristbands early so we could use it for the entire day. They said yes.

What time does the pools open at Atlantis? Fiqure if we get out there very early, could stay until we had to leave about 4 pm to get back to the ship - when we arrive the day before we will only get to use the pools for a very short time before they close - what do you think?

When you do the pre-check in is there a place you can store your day bags like lockers or a baggage check at the comfort inn? Also when you have to pay that additional 4/pp energy charge, when do you have to tell them how many people? So for instance if I go inside to check in and I tell them it is only me, do they charge me just the $4 and then I can also get 4 wristbands or are they going to charge me $16 to get 4 wristbands?

Archived