PRIDE - Best night to reserve David's Steakhouse?

Hi all:

Sailing the Pride in Feb. 2012 and was wondering if anyone has any insight on which night would be best to reserve David's Steakhouse for dinner? I would rather not do it on a formal night as we have a large group and wanted to enjoy formal night collectively. So, I suppose I am asking menu-wise, is there one night that we would not miss the dining room versus another? Thanks in advance for your replies!

If you reserve for the first night (as in the day you embarked) your table gets a free bottle of wine!:D

Is that true? Where can I find menu's for the pride? Do they change from itinerary to itinerary? We are sailing on her in Sept. of 2012

Is that true? Where can I find menu's for the pride? Do they change from itinerary to itinerary? We are sailing on her in Sept. of 2012

I don't know if they change. From what I see people post on here from various cruises it appears to be a fleet-wide menu. See this link for pics of menu on Pride (even though it appears they left out the dessert section):

http://beyondships.com/CarnivalPride-menu-3.html

We are on the Pride right now. Last night, Chef Agnelo told us a new menu goes out fleet-wide in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/7Day.htm

a lot of the stuff on the menu is staying the same-- just adding some new stuff like fried chicken

look at the above menu- see what night does not grab your fancy- and ask the hostess what night that is-- and you can make reservations for that evening

I don't know if they change. From what I see people post on here from various cruises it appears to be a fleet-wide menu. See this link for pics of menu on Pride (even though it appears they left out the dessert section):

http://beyondships.com/CarnivalPride-menu-3.html

Oops...to avoid confusion, the link I sent above was for the Steakhouse menu since that's what OP was talking about.

Oops...to avoid confusion, the link I sent above was for the Steakhouse menu since that's what OP was talking about.

the one I posted is of the dining room so the OP can look over the NEW menu to see what night he doesnt find interesting

If you reserve for the first night (as in the day you embarked) your table gets a free bottle of wine!:D

So that's one bottle per table, no matter how many people are seated together? Doesn't quite seem fair that if it were just the two of us, we'd get a bottle to ourselves, but if we dine with our friends, we all have to share one bottle...

So that's one bottle per table, no matter how many people are seated together? Doesn't quite seem fair that if it were just the two of us, we'd get a bottle to ourselves, but if we dine with our friends, we all have to share one bottle...

I believe it's per "Reservation." Maybe a large group of you could all make "seperate" couple reservations then try to sit together once at the Steakhouse? Not sure if that would fly though....

Nights #3 and #4 have the weakest menus, IMO.

I agree with this...I believe it was night #4 I really wished I had other choices...I can't remember the exact day, but on the menu was some kind of seafood dish with a cream sauce...I ended up getting the vegetarian bean burrito that night...if you can find the night those things are on the menu, that's the night I'd choose to go to the steakhouse. And I was thinking the free bottle of wine is per reservation with a max of 4 people or something like that...so like a pp said, if you can make a couple of reservations for 4 people each, you can get a few bottles that way, if you choose to do it the first night.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived