Ocho Rios Port

buglver066

How easy/safe is it to get a taxi to Bamboo Beach/Dunn River Falls? I"m trying to figure out if it is worth getting the excursion through Carnival or if I should just try to do it alone---we are going to have three small kids with us too. Any help would be great!

DRF is not far and getting a taxi is easy ... I always 'roll my own' when in Ocho and heading to DRF

As I recall the last time I went the taxi was $10 (US) per person for a round trip and you arrange the pickup time with the driver. He will propose a time based on your climbing the falls one time and then heading out to do something else. If you want to stay longer just tell him so . . . you might need to be a wee bit forceful but that's OK. Don't worry about him not showing up - at DRF there is another taxi dispatcher and if your driver does not show he knows you paid for a round trip and will ensure you get back to the ship....

at the base of DRF

drf1.jpg

note admission to DRF is $15 adult / $12 child ($US) per their web page today

http://www.dunnsriverfallsja.com/rates_link.htm

so add $10 per person (unless taxi gives a break for children) and compare to the excursion - where you will not be able to change the pickup time

Archived