Passion Island - any advice?

abq_girl

Has anyone booked Passion Island through Carnival? Is snorkeling included in the price?

We are considering Mr. Sanchos or Passion Island. Any advice will be helpful! There will be a party of 9 adults.

Has anyone booked Passion Island through Carnival? Is snorkeling included in the price?

We are considering Mr. Sanchos or Passion Island. Any advice will be helpful! There will be a party of 9 adults.

I don't know the answer to your question except to say that I doubt snorkeling is very good at passion island. Passion Island is on the north side and I've logged over 50 dives and countless snorkel trips and not one of them has ventured further north than the cruise ship terminal.

Also it will take you about 15 min to get to Sanchos and over 1hr on a tour to get to Passion Island.

Passion Island however will be more secluded, I don't know how many people they bring to the island...

We went to Passion Island on our last RCCL cruise in March. We went by Catamaran. It was a really nice trip along the coast, but I would strongly suggest motion sickness meds. Several people looked pretty green to me.

Passion Island is nice, but there is definitely no snorkeling. It is very sandy and the surf was quite rough the day we were there. I lounged on a mat but drifted along way down the coast from where I started.

The drinks were okay, and the food was quite good.

It was easy to find shade or sun.

To me it was the perfect day, but the weather was perfect too, so that helped.

Karen

We went to Passion Island on our last RCCL cruise in March. We went by Catamaran. It was a really nice trip along the coast, but I would strongly suggest motion sickness meds. Several people looked pretty green to me.

Passion Island is nice, but there is definitely no snorkeling. It is very sandy and the surf was quite rough the day we were there. I lounged on a mat but drifted along way down the coast from where I started.

The drinks were okay, and the food was quite good.

It was easy to find shade or sun.

To me it was the perfect day, but the weather was perfect too, so that helped.

Karen

Thank you so much for your feedback. It really gives us something to think about! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you don't mind my adding my question to this thread but I'll be sailing in less than a week and will stop in Cozumel. We are interested in trying Passion Island. I see 1 on Twister and a 2nd on a catamaran. Are both going to the same place but just different ways of getting there?

Hope you don't mind my adding my question to this thread but I'll be sailing in less than a week and will stop in Cozumel. We are interested in trying Passion Island. I see 1 on Twister and a 2nd on a catamaran. Are both going to the same place but just different ways of getting there?

Yes they are if you my input and you want to go there we always book an outside company. This is cozumel is a good one. reason why they dont leave until around 10 to 11 and usually stay an extra hour , its the all the same place every eats form the same buffet gets there drinks from the same bar . We have been there 4 times we love the place. :):)

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I've got little kids and don't think they need the higher priced Twister to get there. Normally, we go to Mr. Sancho beach and just chill but done that a few times so want to try Passion for something different.

As for booking outside of CCL, I totally agree with you. However, my wife is not trusting so prefer to pay the higher price to be under the umbrella of CCL. For the sake of her being relaxed on vacation, I'll fork up the difference by booking thru CCL and get it over with.

4.5 more days to Ecstasy for us!!!

Archived