Sim chip for gsm ipad

Most European SIMs will work in most of Europe but likely not Russia, because many carrier don't have agreements with the local networks there. However, the roaming data rates are sky high. You'll probably need to do a lot of research to try to find the carriers with plans that don't gouge you on this, as I've yet to see one.

I have no idea if the shipboard cell services enable data transfer or not. I imagine that if they did, you would be getting ridiculously slow speeds. And you'd still be paying those sky-high international roaming rates.

I just stick to WiFi when I travel with the iPad, and I don't have too much trouble finding hotspots. Sometimes it means asking a local, and we've ended up at some unusual off-the-beaten-path places just for the WiFi, but it generally isn't an issue.

Has anyone picked up a European sim chip for their iPad and will they work across Europe and SPb? Also will they work on the ships. On HAL Rotterdam 8/14.

Thanks

Ken Goodman

Hi

I just ordered a sim card from TaSim that uses call back when making phone calls. it is based on the MaxRoam but prices are lower

https://secure.tasim.com/Default.aspx?lang=En

http://www.maxroam.com/Home.aspx?cur=EUR

I will use it for phone calls, roaming is expensive

Eran

Archived