Where to stay in Miami pre-cruise?

evajean

We are flying in the day before the cruise and want to stay somewhere in Miami. I was looking at South Beach or Miami Beach. Would love to keep it under $150 a night but still stay somewhere fun. Any suggestions? We will be there early in the morning. Any suggestions on what to do in Miami besides the beach? This is our first vacation away from our 18 month old and can't wait to relax!:)

We're staying at the Eden Roc Hotel, on the beach for 169.00 a night. So many "posters" have suggested using Priceline. Have you thought of that. If its just you and your hubby you might want to risk it.

Also 4 points Sheraton is economical and the Marriott Courtyard. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I've checked out. Try Tripadvisor.com for reviews and pictures.

Good Luck

I think I may try Priceline. I really wanted to make sure we were oceanfront though. I've had great luck here in Chicago getting really nice hotels downtown for less than $100 a night. (Some go for $300 plus a night)

I think I may try Priceline. I really wanted to make sure we were oceanfront though. I've had great luck here in Chicago getting really nice hotels downtown for less than $100 a night. (Some go for $300 plus a night)

I booked my hotel through Hotwire. They give you a description of the hotel including area and a price.

I was able to select knowing that the description was South Beach, OceanFront, 4* and had some of the other ammenities i was looking for.

I don't mind at all. The cost was $157.

There were a couple of other options in South Beach including a "boutique" hotel which was very tempting! There were less expensive options as well as some in the Dwtwn area, Airport area etc. But I had certain criteria I was trying to fill based on my specific travel plans for this trip. I liked that I could "see" a bit of info when making a price choice.

I was not having any success through Priceline. I think the simple problem is that the hotels that I was bidding on were just full!

Good Luck!!

Liza

Thanks for the info. We are not going until next year and I am hoping that by researching and booking early I can get a good deal. Unfortunately, because I am from Canada, I can't use priceline and am stuck with hotwire. Have you used them before this? I am not so sure that I am comfortable with not knowing which hotel I am booking in.

Thanks for letting me pick your brain

Kim

Kim -

This was the first time I used Hotwire. I have read posts from other CC member's who have used it.

Sounds like you have plenty of time to do your research! I had the problem that I was traveling during a Spring Break week and was booking less than a month out.

I checked out website of individual hotels first. Also found some specials through the bigger chains but they were "full" for the night I wanted already.

By the time I went to Hotwire I had decided that if I could get something in a different location for a great price that I would take it and book flights later in the day. If I saw something that looked to be what I wanted in South Beach I would take that and take the very early morning flight so I could have the day on the beach and walking around South Beach.

I found the descriptions to be very adequate on Hotwire. They differentiated between those that were right on the beach vs those that were a block away ...helps to know a bit about the area you are booking for I guess.

When I was looking into the Marriott's I found that they had a Cruise Special. I believe it was $209 which included breakfast and transfer to the portand maybe something else (don't recall off hand). They offer was originally listed for the property at Biscayne Bay but upon further looking I founf that I could have gotten this at other properties incl. the JW.

Just FYI :)

Archived