7 ships in port at the same time???

oLEEander

I just checked on cruisecal.com to check on port activity in Georgetown on 2/16/06 and it has 7 ships in port!! It was my understanding that the number of ships was limited to 4 because of concern to the reef. Can 7 ships on the same day possibly be correct? I was only here once before, and there were 3 ships in port on that day. Of course this was all prior to Ivan so have things changed since then?

We were there on the Rhapsody in early March with 6 other ships. We went in early to look around and shop before our excursion and I wish we had just stayed on the ship until it was time to tender over. Way too many people. Once we got on our excursion it was fine however. We did the aquaboats and there were just 16 people on the excursion. Very nice. Then coming back there was a lengthy wait to get back on.

I just checked on cruisecal.com to check on port ******** in Georgetown on 2/16/06 and it has 7 ships in port!! It was my understanding that the number of ships was limited to 4 because of concern to the reef. Can 7 ships on the same day possibly be correct? I was only here once before, and there were 3 ships in port on that day. Of course this was all prior to Ivan so have things changed since then?

Sailed the Conquest on 2/27 and there were 7 ships in port the day we were in Grand Cayman. It was very crowded but we still had a really good time. Got off the ship early and had a chance to look around before it got really crazy.

Keep in mind that stores that are recommended by the cruise lines (like Del Sol) are going to be packed! We got into Del Sol around 8:30am and it was already wall to wall people. I think a lot of people are afraid to shop anywhere that isn't "guaranteed".

Archived