Volendam formal nights

Daveanna

Hi we are sailing on the volendam in three weeks time and was wondering if any one could tell us how many formal nights there will be.Also how cold will it be as it's very hard to know what to pack,we are on a weeks tour in Canada first so luggage space is limited.Also any

info about the ship will be helpful

Kind regards Dave.

Hi Dave,

We were just on this cruise July 6, it was awesome. We had the best weather no rain at all, but the usual for Alaska is layers. The formal nights men wore jackets and ties. There are laundry facilities on board but were busy. There are 2 formal nights one on Thursday, and one on Sunday. The rest of the nights smart casual. Khaki's and polo's were popular and almost anything went except shorts. Nice jeans were fine also. I am a super duper over packer but got it all in 1 suitcase this trip. I had a couple dresses for formal nights and the rest were capri's with nice blouses or shirts. You'll love this cruise the crew is the best ever...I have some pictures on facebook of our cruise, I can link you up if interested. If you have any more questions just ask. there are great people on this board that can help you out. email me if you want more info.

Dana

Hi Dana

Thanks for your quick reply I would love to see your video on you tube.getting excitead now with only 3 weeks to go.this will be our 6th cruies but the first time with HA.we have a balcony cabin on deck 7 and are booked on the late sitting for dinner could you tell me what the food was like, also did you eat in the pinical grill as we have booked this for our 30 wedding anniversary.Thanks once again for your reply, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Dave, Congrats on 30 years. You will love Pinnacle for anniversary celebration. They do a real nice job. Food in dining room was very good. I really liked the variety plus if you didn't like what they offered that night you could order steak or salmon any night. The lido was great for lunches and breakfast or the grill by the pool had taco/nacho bar burgers, hot dogs and pizza. I have a 13 year old who hates dressing up but after he ate one night in MDR he decided the food was worth dressing up for and ate with us the rest of the week. They had a special night in Pinnacle which they have a special menu and charge $39 a person instead fo $20. We had reservations that night but changed them because it wasn't worth another $19 not to get their wonderful steaks or surf and turf. The Pinnacle manager is a sweetheart and had no problem changing our reservations. they also have Canletto's but we never ate there none of us big on Italian food. Also MDR had best desserts and also had certain items available if you couldn't find a dessert you liked.

Archived