Rhythm of the Night Puerta Vallarta ?s

windham depot

Hi Carnival Cruises, My husband and I are cruising on the Splendor on Aug. 28th. We just registered for The Rhythms of the Night Excursion in Puerta Vallarta. The activity level says it's EASY however the Notes say there is some walking over sandy or uneven ground. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how difficult the walk may be. I do have some trouble walking and need a wheelchair for distances. Any information would be appreciated. Thank You.

Rhonda

You've got to step down from a dock to get on the catamaran that takes you to Las Caletas. Then step up to get off.

Once to Las Caletas, there are various trails of compacted sandy soils and cemented cobblestone paths.

There are cobblestone stairs and some uphill/downhill walking.

I'd imagine it would be wheelchair accessible.

Use this link to contact Vallarta Adventures, the tour operator.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/company/contact

My family went on the Rhythm of the Night excursion last August and it was the highlight of our Splendor cruise. The food was fabulous and the show was pretty cool too.

As for the walkways, there is a lot of sand ... both soft and compacted. It's a natural terrain. However, most of the main walkways were compacted sand so it was easy to walk around. It seems we went up a hill to the show. I'm not sure about a wheelchair, but if you asked I'm sure you could be assisted if needed.

Here are some photos I took that day. You can see what the ground is like. There are more ... just look for the photo link in my signature. Have a great cruise ... the Splendor is beautiful! :)

Here is Las Caletas as you pull up in the boat.

IMG_3507-1copysmall.jpg

This is the entrance where you are greeted with music, incense and conch-shell blowing. This will give you an idea of the terrain you will be on.

IMG_3517-1small.jpg

Again, another walkway. The tour guides gave us umbrellas ... there was threat of a storm (just rained a little). I will say it was super humid, though!

IMG_3543-1small.jpg

This is what it looks like more down by the beach. It really is a beautiful place.

IMG_3556-1small.jpg

Thank you both so much. I really appreciate your opinions, information and pictures. You've put my mind at ease a bit about this. I've heard such good things about this Excursion, I really didn't want to miss it if I could help it.

Rhonda

The total walk is about two city blocks at most- tell the greeter who seats you for dinner that you have problems walking and want the easiest seating as out table was quite far from the entrance and the stage. They are very accompanying and will help- you just need to ask. You will love the show and dinner- save room for dessert!

The total walk is about two city blocks at most- tell the greeter who seats you for dinner that you have problems walking and want the easiest seating as out table was quite far from the entrance and the stage. They are very accompanying and will help- you just need to ask. You will love the show and dinner- save room for dessert!

Thank you so much for your help

Does anyone know what times the tours are ? I can't find anything on their website, and we're only there 'til 7 and I'm afraid that's probably not going to work out.

This one of those excusions that can only be booked thru the ship. They have the regular excursion offered to resort/hotel guests that starts in the evening and goes late into the night. They also have an early excursion just for cruise ship passengers that starts mid-afternoon and gets passengers back in time for the ship's departure.

Cruisers do the show followed by dinner; resort/hotel guests do dinner followed by the show. The two excursions overlap at dinner.

If your cruise ship offers this excursion ... then you can do it and still be back in time for your sailing.

Enjoy!

Does anyone know what times the tours are ? I can't find anything on their website, and we're only there 'til 7 and I'm afraid that's probably not going to work out.

I've called the 2 companies that offer this tour in PV for Rhythms of the Night and they both said if you are coming in on a ship you must book with the ship due to the time restraints.

Rhonda

Archived