Pride of Aloha Pictoral Review

Queen of Adventure, it appears we have some things in common. I was on the inaugural POA cruise last June, I am a certifiable disney fan and annual passholder to Disneyland. We consider the Grand Californian our second home we love it and go there so much! And now my newest addiction is cruising. We will be going on our 4th cruise in an 18 month time period when we go to Alaska in July. Our first cruise was of course on the Disney Wonder, Jan. of 2004! Aren't these boards great?! Marilyn :)

Ahnalira, I think I recognize your unusual name from the DIS boards. I have been a member there since 1999 although I do not read them very much anymore..I am on Cruise Critic ALL the time but that is because I am always planning my next cruise! I will be on the NCL Star July 17-24, Seattle RT to Glacier Bay. Marilyn :)

Thanks for the great pictures! We'll be staying at the Waikiki Marriott and going on the POA in September, so your photos are adding to our excitement! By the way, I am a Disney nut, too! In fact, I've worked for Disney for 9 1/2 years now, at one of the Disney Vacation Club resorts. Thanks again for the link to your beautiful pictures!

Queen.... thanks for sharing the photos! Looks like you may have been spoiled!?

Queen .... how formalwasformal night? And which night? How about Lat Members party? Was there one? Were most casual or more 'dressed"

Will everyone who wants to see Paerl Harbour get to?

Our flight is nt until after 10PM back to Boston .... any suggestions of what to do until10 PM at night in Honolulu? I'm thinking we're going to start getting tired.

Thnaks again for the photos!

Queen.... thanks for sharing the photos! Looks like you may have been spoiled!?

Queen .... how formalwasformal night? And which night? How about Lat Members party? Was there one? Were most casual or more 'dressed"

Will everyone who wants to see Paerl Harbour get to?

Our flight is nt until after 10PM back to Boston .... any suggestions of what to do until10 PM at night in Honolulu? I'm thinking we're going to start getting tired.

Thnaks again for the photos!

LOL, Renie... spoil me more!:p

I'd say about 40% of the ship dressed for formal night. Neither formal night or semi-formal night were made into a big deal. Formal night was the second night, if I remember correctly... the full day in Kauai. I didn't go to the Lat members party. This is my first NCL cruise. I do believe they accomodated everyone who wanted to see Pearl Harbor. As far as the day you fly back, that is a late flight! You might want to consider getting a room at a hotel for the day. The excursions arranged for folks who have flights in the evening all get back to the airport by around 4PM at the latest.

Ahnalira

Just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful pictures of the ship and the food. We, my DD,DS,and DD in law, all sail in June and we have been just hovering over the computer reading and looking and it just makes us wish the time would fly faster.

Crusingranny

WOW - that's all I can say is WOW!!! I think after seeing these photos and reading your commentary that I will find a way to survive the flight from New York to Hawaii. There's no easy way to get there and it is soooooo worth it - wouldn't you agree!!!!????

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I'm now excited about booking this trip. :D

G

Thank you so much for sharing those amazing photos! I have to start saving. I want an owners' suite. :D

I sailed the Sky on one of her last voyages. The refurbishment was amazing. I love all the new paintings. I'm glad you took a photo of the museum b/c we had been told that the gym was moving to that space & when I saw windows I couldn't figure out where they were.

Thanks again.

Thank you, Thank you, thank you! Our trip is scheduled for May 15th and we leave on the 11th for a little R & R before the cruise. I am soooooo looking forward to spending time at the Marriott now and on the ship because of your wonderful pictures. Can't wait to show them to my daughters so they can enjoy them as well. This is our second cruise all three of together and daughter No. 2 and I have been on a third one, so they are very excited about going to Hawaii this time. Can't wait for the rest of the trip!

Wow is right! Those pictures of the coast took my breath away...we can hardly wait to be there.

And a huge thank you for sharing all of your trip. You have a marvelous way of describing each picture & a wonderful way of laying them out for all to see.

Cheers,

Sandy.

Archived